Does/Did Biotin make you...

MsBoinglicious

*whispers* tinkle like 50 times a day?

I have been taking 1000mcg's (one tab) for the past 3 days and I feel like a pregnant lady going to the restroom like every other hour. It’s running through me like crazy. I know some people said they break out so you should drink a lot of water. That would help flush it out your system when you tink-tink rather than flush out in your skin. But I haven't been drinking a ton of water, maybe just a cup more than I would normally before I started taking it.

How did you react to taking biotin and what dose where you taking?

i take 8500 to 13,500 a day depending on how im feeling and yes i visit the bathroom very regular i do drink a lot of water to prevent the breakouts

Nope doesn't make me do that.

Woah kerryann are you sure about all that biotin I think that's a bit excessive.

i take 8500 to 13,500 a day depending on how im feeling and yes i visit the bathroom very regular i do drink a lot of water to prevent the breakouts

Wow thats alot I read that 5000mcg or 5mg was the right dose and anything above will be excreted and wasted? I'm scared to take more than 1000mcg right now. I don't want to wake up with a beard on my face lol:lachen:I will gradually build up to 5000mcg's.

What have your results been while using that dose of Biotin? How much hair growth do you get a month?

It does if your dose it too large...which it looks like yours might be. Biotin is a water soluable vitamin like Vitamin C. It's your body's way of trying to get rid of the excess.

Wow thats alot I read that 5000mcg or 5mg was the right dose and anything above will be excreted and wasted? I'm scared to take more than 1000mcg right now. I don't want to wake up with a beard on my face lol:lachen:I will gradually build up to 5000mcg's.

What have your results been while using that dose of Biotin? How much hair growth do you get a month?

i said i was going to cut it back. i recently started taking that much the thing is my hair,skin and nails has 3500 in it and i have biotin pills thats 5000mcg but some days i reduce the intake from my hair skin and nails vitamins. i said i was going to try it this way for 1 month but its only been 1 1/2 week so i cant really tell.

i know TMI but i got rid of the hair in the lower area and its back full force already with that time and not to mention i shave my arms and the hair is saying hello

Hmmm.... I have to tinkle alot and couldn't figure out why. I've been on Biotin for a full year now. I should look into this.
Btw that "waking up with a beard" comment had my dying...cus one morning i got up and found a few chin hairs! :nono:
And the hair "everywhere else"
comes back with a vengeance as well. :nono:

Last edited:
Hmmm.... I have to tinkle alot and couldn't figure out why. I've been on Biotin for a full year now. I should look into this.
Btw that "waking up with a beard" comment had my dying...cus one morning i got up and found a few chin hairs! :nono:
And the hair everywhere else comes back with a vengeance as well :ohwell:

And the hair everywhere else comes back with a vengeance as well :ohwell:

:blush: For a minute there I thought I was alone. I recently just started taking the Biotin 5000mcg again and can see that the fine hair on my face is a little more noticebale. I also found a hair on my chin.. needless to say... I aint even gonna mention the other ares.... I hope its working on my hair (on my head) just as fast...LOL:grin:

hmmmmmaybeeee I just might decrease my intake...just a thought!

Woah woah. I am NOT down with the chin hairs. It did make hair "elsewhere" grow back fast but if I see one hair on my chin that mess is GONE!

Btw: I take 3000mcgs

hmmm, i never noticed the bathroom thing, but it does cause me to break out (despite increasing water and also taking the B-Complex). I took it, with good results, for about a year.... but have recently cut it out of my regimen, because my hair has gotten to a healthy point now where im no longer willing to compromise my skin.

Okay, I had been thinking about taking this to help with the dime size bald spot I had where I part my hair. After reading these post I will stick to the Henna/Cassia Treatments. I can't tolerate hair growth in any other areas besides my head LOL!! When I was pregnant with my son I grew hair literally everywhere. I felt like a grizzly bear. I was so glad when it all started to shed once he was born. I was definitely scared it wouldn't go away!!

Okay, I had been thinking about taking this to help with the dime size bald spot I had where I part my hair. After reading these post I will stick to the Henna/Cassia Treatments. I can't tolerate hair growth in any other areas besides my head LOL!! When I was pregnant with my son I grew hair literally everywhere. I felt like a grizzly bear. I was so glad when it all started to shed once he was born. I was definitely scared it wouldn't go away!!

lol, i feel u. try some garlic oil as well on the bald spot. i concentrated it on my thinning temples (post-partum shedding) and it filled them in. See my before/after pics: http://www.prissymommy.com/our_first_baby/2009/08/hair-updates.html

I just bought a bottle of Biotin yesterday but it was only the 600 mg bottle. I was excited because this will help me grow my hair our and was even more pleased to read on the bottle that it promotes healthy skin.

But now I'm hearing that it causes some ppl breakouts!!!???? What exactly is it supposed to do for your skin then?
Also - I didn't sign up for rapid hair growth everywhere else. Darn It!!! I should have read more posts b4 buying. :(

I just bought a bottle of Biotin yesterday but it was only the 600 mg bottle. I was excited because this will help me grow my hair our and was even more pleased to read on the bottle that it promotes healthy skin.

But now I'm hearing that it causes some ppl breakouts!!!???? What exactly is it supposed to do for your skin then?
Also - I didn't sign up for rapid hair growth everywhere else. Darn It!!! I should have read more posts b4 buying. :(

The Biotin that I have says it's for hair, skin and nails and it also helps with metabolism and promotes energy to burn fat. Are there Biotin pills that are just for hair only and others for hair, skin and nails?

Back