does curl activator really work on relaxed hair???

Eyvonne7131

Hi ladies,

i noticed that many of you use curl activator...what kind of results do you get and for what type of styles do you use it for? The know they contain glycerin but does the activator still make relaxed hair curl???
spinning.gif

Yes it does work on relaxed hair but 99% of us I believe use it for air drying styles where after hair is rinsed, spray it all over then do a braid out, or pin the hair into a bun. That way the hair dries with moisture in it. The curl actviator retains moisture in the hair as it dries which is why its a success.

I don't get 'curly' hair with it. That comes from doing a braid out and tight plaits too so when the hair is undone it retains the waves from them. The frizzes are minimal because of the moisture in the hair from the curl activator.

The extent to which relaxed hair will curl is dependent on how strong the relaxer is put in your hair. Some stylists put it in so the hair is stick thin straight and so can't hold curl as well as hair that isn't relaxed as strongly. Also depends on the individual's hair type too.

BRH couldn't have said it better. My hair feels so soft as I rinse my hair and I can literally feel the activator slipping off my hair with the water. It's a mix of that and the profectiv break free also. In the long run my hair is easier to comb in the shower if I've had activator in my hair.

It makes my relaxed hair look more wavy than curly when worn down. I tried roller setting with a couple different brands of setting lotion, but it didn't work: the hair didn't curl properly. I need to give it a try with Miss Cool to see if that does the trick. However, I use it mostly when my hair is in protective styles. I had been battling chronic breakage for more than a year. I started using the Luster's S-Curl No Drip Activator about a month ago, and my breakage is already a thing of the past. Also, my hair looks moisturised and sleek in its protective styles. My hair has never been in better condition! I wish I had started using the curl activator before: Lord knows, Adrienne has been telling us about its benefits long enough!
smile.gif
. I'm looking forward to retaining most of my length from now on, now that I'm not losing so much to breakage.

I might put some Profectiv HealthyEnds Strengthener or some other kind of hairdress or oil on my ends for extra protection, or occasionally spray my finished style with oil sheen, but that's about it. I don't think that it would hurt to mix it if you wanted, though.

Serena

Is that the pink cream? I think I have some at home. How much should be added to the S curl or were you saying to use it separately

Re: Serena

[ QUOTE ]
Is that the pink cream? I think I have some at home. How much should be added to the S curl or were you saying to use it separately

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, it's the pink cream. I don't add it to the activator: I apply the activator, THEN I may apply some EndStrengthener to my ends.

Does anyone ever use their activator (I use QP penetrating moisturizer) as a leave-in? I ran out of my leave-in (QP H-Two) so I used the moisturizer. Does this give enough protection or whatever a leave-in is supposed to do, or should I always use a leave-in when I "wash" my hair? (I do conditioner washes). Hope this makes sense.

[ QUOTE ]
ok ladies now you got me real curious....
drunk.gif

do any of you use it instead of setting lotion to set your hair?
think.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
If you're talking about as a setting lotion before a rollerset, I'd like to know also...

I use & love S-Curl for my "lazy" hair days
laugh.gif
. I can apply it heavily on dry hair then form a bun that'll stay moisturized for a week... yes the same bun
shocked.gif
laugh.gif
. I only use it for my updos... it's waaaaay toooo heavy for my "bouncy hair" styles
smile.gif

I tried it for my curly look and it did not work. I wet my hair, applied the WOC gel activator and scrunched, and my hair didn't do much. Ick. So, I know I can't use this for that style and expect much.

I like the s-curl no drip MUCH more than the WOC gel. The WOC makes my hair feel greasy. But I Like the s-curl for the protective styles.

Actually, my latest love is using pure Shea Butter when I put my hair in a bun. It makes my hair SUPER soft with a little bit of sheen. I buy L'Occitane, but it costs a fortune!!

Back