Does Creme of Nature leave a residue on your scalp?

zzirvingj

Because I think it might be doing that to me. Does that mean that maybe I am using too much?

What I am going to do is start diluting my CON shampoo and washing with it that way. I am also going to clarify the next couple of weeks to help with the build up.

Yes It does leave a residue. Unfortunately, diluting only helps a LITTLE bit. Not much. I only use it when my hair is SUPER SUPER dry, and I always make sure that the next time I shampoo I'm using a clarifier.

same here! :mad:

It's full of deceit: charming you and your hair up one min, then crapping it up the next!

ITA. When I used to use it, it was smooth sailing at first. Then, after a few weeks, I could barely get a comb through my hair due to all of the buildup. (This was before I started clarifying, though). I don't use it anymore.

Oh nooooooo :wallbash:

I was JUST raving about their shampoo and how good it works and how I was so glad I had "rediscovered" it! :perplexed

Don't tell me I'm going to have to replace it....:nono: :sad:

Because I think it might be doing that to me. Does that mean that maybe I am using too much?

What I am going to do is start diluting my CON shampoo and washing with it that way. I am also going to clarify the next couple of weeks to help with the build up.

I lovveeeeeeeeeee your hair :yep:

Oh yeah bank to the thread yes a residue on the scalp, hair and my tube. Blahhhh :sad:

I love this even though it leaves a residue. I always wash first with ORS creamy Aloe or Suave clarifier and I never have to deal with the residue.

I've never noticed any residue. I have noticed that it does take more effort to rinse out than my other shampoos. I also clarify regularly and swith poos (to aveda DR) occasionally.

Totally:ot: I totally :heart: your hair! That puff looks Puffalicious™!:look:

Where in the hockey puck have you been!
Miss ya girl!

Ok,
Are we talking green or red. I use the green faithfully and I don't get any residue.

Hey Sweetie!!! i missed you too! i been around. Slackin off with the hair care. Blowdrying and flat ironing twice a week, wearing it down errday. :nono: No protective styling. :wallbash: I'm surprised I still have hair. But now I'm focused again! You're going to see alot more of me around these parts!

Hey Sweetie!!! i missed you too! i been around. Slackin off with the hair care. Blowdrying and flat ironing twice a week, wearing it down errday. :nono: No protective styling. :wallbash: I'm surprised I still have hair. But now I'm focused again! You're going to see alot more of me around these parts!
YAY!:dance7::dance7::dance7::dance7:
lexi's back!!!!!!:grin:

Yes, I'm afraid it does leave buildup. I have not decided on whether to keep using it and just clarify alot or replace it.

Okay everyone... this may be a dumb question. :perplexed How do you know if you're getting buildup on your scalp and hair? Because I've used CON for so many years, I don't know anything else. I know it does take a little more time to wash out, but I thought it was supposed to kinda coat your hair with moisture. I could be wrong. :spinning:Please let me know.

My stylist never told me it builds up; maybe because I use another shampoo for my first wash and Cream of Nature for my second wash.

No, but it leaves a residue on my hair. I think it's the reason my hair feels like it needs to be clarified every time I wash. I'm gonna give it one more go just to make sure.

It did this to me too. CON doesn't clean my hair properly. When I used CON, I would always have another shampoo that I'd use every once in a while to get my hair clean. These days I would have just chucked it, but back then I was about using up my products.

Okay everyone... this may be a dumb question. :perplexed How do you know if you're getting buildup on your scalp and hair? Because I've used CON for so many years, I don't know anything else. I know it does take a little more time to wash out, but I thought it was supposed to kinda coat your hair with moisture. I could be wrong. :spinning:Please let me know.

I knew it was leaving buildup because after I washed my hair, if I scratched my scalp there would be residue under my fingernails. When my hair is clean, I can scratch my scalp after I wash it and there's nothing under my nails.

I knew it was leaving buildup because after I washed my hair, if I scratched my scalp there would be residue under my fingernails. When my hair is clean, I can scratch my scalp after I wash it and there's nothing under my nails.

:yep: Me too. The old formula worked so much better for me. I no longer use CON products.

For me, it does.

Actually my hair starts breaking after I use it. Not sure why.

I stopped using it and all has been good.

I like that it does not have sulfates so I have gone that route with shampoos that don't have balsam.

Gave me tangles after using it a while. I think Elasta QP Creme Conditioning Shampoo is a great alternative to that stuff. Doesn't strip my hair and I don't have to deal with the build-up.

Creme of Nature shampoo is famous for leaving that infamous residue (over time) on the hair and scalp. A good clarifying shampoo will take care of that.

Back