Does Aveda's Smooth Infusion like work on relaxed Negro-esque hair?

SleekandBouncy

My hair is currently relaxed, 4b and I'm trying to stretch my relaxer out.
My mom went to check out Aveda yesterday and the yt girl, oops I mean Caucasian young lady told my mom that Smooth Infusion isn't for course hair, it's for fine textured Caucasian hair so my mom skipped it. Now I'd be curious to know how she knows what works and doesn't work for Negro-esque hair, oops I mean nappy, I mean um...kinky, no wait "tightly coiled" not to mention how'd she know my mom's exact hair type since she was wearing a big old hat. My first thought was to accidentally poke the young lady in the eyeball with a lipstick, but being the cultured lady of class and gentility I would do no such thing :lol:
I'm just kidding!!!! Anyway, before I sneak behind her back and buy it can anyone tell me if the smooth infusion line would even work on relaxed 4A/4B hair or should I get the damage remedy line instead?

P.S
Will it work on African American hair? What about Jamaican hair? (anyone that was in yesterday's "LHCF Common Retorts" thread will get that joke)

SleekandBouncy said:
My mom went to check out Aveda yesterday and the yt girl, oops I mean Caucasian young lady told my mom that Smooth Infusion isn't for course hair, it's for fine textured Caucasian hair so my mom skipped it. Now I'd be curious to know how she knows what works and doesn't work for Negro-esque hair, oops I mean nappy, I mean um...kinky, no wait "tightly coiled" not to mention how'd she know my mom's exact hair type since she was wearing a big old hat. My first thought was to accidentally poke the young lady in the eyeball with a lipstick, but being the cultured lady of class and gentility I would do no such thing :lol:
I'm just kidding!!!! Anyway, before I sneak behind her back and buy it can anyone tell me if the smooth infusion line would even work on relaxed 4A/4B hair or should I get the damage remedy line instead?

P.S
Will it work on African American hair? What about Jamaican hair? (anyone that was in yesterday's "LHCF Common Retorts" thread will get that joke)

It works on mine just fine and I have almost 8 months post Negro-esque hair:) :lol: . But I used the DR line 1st and still love it, so I'd say she should try either and if she doesn't like it return and try the other.

That YT girl needs to stop playin'. She don't know what she's talking about!:mad: It was two white girls who suggested Smooth Infusion to me and the line is great, just like the Aveda DR line. I really liked the shampoo even better than the conditioner. It was very moisturizing. I use the Hang Straight for my rollersets. I alternate the SI and DR line: one week, it's SI and the following week, it's DR. I may even rotate among three lines if I get enough money for the Brilliant Shampoo/Conditioner, but I have been banned from that store!:lol: That girl knows not of what she speaks!:mad:

Serenity_Peace said:
That YT girl needs to stop playin'. She don't know what she's talking about!:mad: It was two white girls who suggested Smooth Infusion to me and the line is great, just like the Aveda DR line. I really liked the shampoo even better than the conditioner. It was very moisturizing. I use the Hang Straight for my rollersets. I alternate the SI and DR line: one week, it's SI and the following week, it's DR. I may even rotate among three lines if I get enough money for the Brilliant Shampoo/Conditioner, but I have been banned from that store!:lol: That girl knows not of what she speaks!:mad:

I needd help!!:wallbash: :cry: Aveda is calling my name:ban:

SleekandBouncy said:

P.S

:lachen: :lachen: :lachen: :lachen:

My hair is 4A nappy,...oops I mean negro-esque; and I use aveda DR and SI and they both work wonders on my hair. They leave my hair with lots of slip, which makes my natural hair super easy to detangle, and the DR does a great job of preventing heat damage to my hair; 'cause I press my hair once a month. That poor, ignorant child had no idea what she was talking about.
BTW:SleekandBouncy if my hair was relaxed I would want it to look just like yours:D

RabiaElaine said:
I've never tried it but :lol: :lol: @ nego-esque

Same here!

I've been to more than my fair share of Aveda stores and have been assured by sales reps with $$$ in their eyes as they look at me that Aveda products work well on highly texture negro-esque hurr!

You are too funny girl. I think this is my next purchase LIKE TODAY. Ive had my eye on this line. I might pick some up so I will let you know about it.

pinkskates said:
My hair is 4A nappy,...oops I mean negro-esque; and I use aveda DR and SI and they both work wonders on my hair. They leave my hair with lots of slip, which makes my natural hair super easy to detangle, and the DR does a great job of preventing heat damage to my hair; 'cause I press my hair once a month. That poor, ignorant child had no idea what she was talking about.
BTW:SleekandBouncy if my hair was relaxed I would want it to look just like yours:D

Aww :) Thank you!
You have great hair as well, and assuming that you in your signature pic an enviable shape as well! Gosh I need to hit the gym.... :perplexed
It sounds like you find both equal in detangling, if that's correct I think I'll pick up the smooth infusion line. It sounds a tad more moisturizing whereas damage remedy sounds more strengthening.

Chloeshan said:
I told you bout that yesterday Miss. I'm yet again offended by your derogatory use of such a spectacular hair type

Bwahahahah! You already know Jamaican black hair and American black hair require very different products, don't try and lump all us 4Bs in the same hair catagory :lachen:

bablou00 said:
You are too funny girl. I think this is my next purchase LIKE TODAY. Ive had my eye on this line. I might pick some up so I will let you know about it.

I look forward to your report! :D

Okay I went out yesterday and did some retail therapy. I stopped by one of the Aveda salons on my way home:eek: :eek: :eek: Heres what I got

Smooth infusion shampoo
Smooth infusion conditioner
Light Elements Smoothing fluid: 50% off I might go pick up some more bottles if my rollerset comes out good
Styling brush

Right now I feel like any Aveda product I try will not let me down. This stuff is amazing. I will put in my journal under my fotki what I did as far as the wash. Let me tell you my hair was a lot eaiser to section off when I was rollersetting then its ever been post relaxer. It was eaiser to get a comb thru my hair and I didnt lose a lot of hair during this rollerset. I am very please w/ this product and cant wait till I take my rollers out to see the finishing product. I wish I hated this stuff....:lol:

:kisses: Thank you!

My hair is prone to being very tangly, I'm so happy to hear your reviews. Hopefully it will work on my tangly hair too!:yay::yay::yay:
Remember to report on the results after your rollerset.

bablou00 said:
Okay I went out yesterday and did some retail therapy. I stopped by one of the Aveda salons on my way home:eek: :eek: :eek: Heres what I got

Smooth infusion shampoo
Smooth infusion conditioner
Light Elements Smoothing fluid: 50% off I might go pick up some more bottles if my rollerset comes out good
Styling brush

Right now I feel like any Aveda product I try will not let me down. This stuff is amazing. I will put in my journal under my fotki what I did as far as the wash. Let me tell you my hair was a lot eaiser to section off when I was rollersetting then its ever been post relaxer. It was eaiser to get a comb thru my hair and I didnt lose a lot of hair during this rollerset. I am very please w/ this product and cant wait till I take my rollers out to see the finishing product. I wish I hated this stuff....:lol:

Back