does anyone wear flowers in their hair?

ladylibra_30

i like to wear silk flowers in my hair (especially in a braidout or crimp). i searched the world over before just resolving to go to a floral store, purchasing sorted silk flowers, having the stems cut off (with the cashier eye-balling me up side my head the entire time) and putting a bobby pin on them. i get the results that i want but does anyone have a better suggestion?

I would like to know where to get some too...anyone?
frown.gif

I went to the dollar store and got my fake flowers and just cut off the stem. Its the same thing that you buy in the store except cheaper

Okay,this thread came right on time. I was searching flower accessories websites and those people are crazy-some charge 15.00 or more for 1 flower that looks real!! I am considering going to a store to purchase some,however you all said that you cut of the stems and place hair pins on them. Do you all use glue guns or super glue to hold the pins in place?

I just saw some at a dollar store for only $1.00 for a package of 6. They are artificial flowers of different colors made with a satiny fabric and attached to a hair clip. I didn't buy any yet but I know it would look good with my side bun!
smile.gif

When I studied them, they looked very easy to make. I bet all of the materials can be found at a craft store like Michael's.
smile.gif

I wear my hair natural and I'm always looking for ways to jazz up my curly do. I have found some vary nice flowers at claire's. (In my local mall). Also charlotte russe has even nicer ones, I bought a lether pink rose last weekend. It's absoultely beautiful! I wore it today and got some great comments and glances!

[ QUOTE ]
Isis said:
Thanks Super_Hero_Girl! I'll have to check those flowers out.
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
No problem! I love accesories. I've heard of product junkies, but I'm an accessores junkie. If no one has used this phrase yet, I'm coining it for myself right now!
cool.gif

We now have a Charlotte Russe in Memphis-will check it out soon!

How pretty! Another thot for you: Real flowers always smell so especially good in the hair, esp. at festival time but can be difficult and expensive. So what you can do is add a little EO to the flowers. Soak them in it then dry with a blow dryer...

Thanks Luvhair. Have you used this website and is it reliable? I'm not big on online shopping and I don't want to take a risk! The products are wonderful; I just want to be careful.

Yeah I have used bobbepots ALOT!! I buy them as gifts and when my white ones get dingy I buy more. I haven't beeen there in a few months but they were offering free bobepots a while back. I love them-- I have all sorts of them and I usually use them to make my protective styles less boring or when I wear my hair down so i look like a little Island girl!

Super Hero Girl...I AIN'T EVEN trying to ask "Santa" for those flowers!! I will search Memphis very well before I settle for them-they are too much mula. I just posted the web site because they are too cute. I am going to start incorporating crafts into my "me time" and I think it will be fun to make them myself.

Back