DOES ANYONE USE ZINC FOR HAIR GROWTH

Aalize said:
Too much zinc will cause you to have a copper deficiency
I have read this as well. However, the article I read also mentioned that by adding copper at 10% of the total amount of zinc you take, that not only aids in the absorbtion, but also aids in preventing this from happening. So, say you are taking 20 mg of zinc, you should then take 2 mg of copper.

Last edited:
Well, my hair was cut in a Halle Berry style exactly one year this month. My hair is now the length in the photo. I take a bunch of vitamins so I can't attribute any of it to one vitamin. However, my hair did grow a good amount. I also heard somewhere that zinc is suppose to strenghten the hair so it won't be prone to breaking. Also, I jumped on the zinc bandwagon because my friend takes a mulitvitamin, biotin, and zinc. She has good hair growth. She also exercises 2-3 times a week. I also take a combination of magnesium and calcium among other things.

Wolftrap said:
When I first joined this board I was so overwhelmed by the information I immediately became a PJ. Now that I have narrowed down what works and doesn't work for me I have this bottle of Zinc sitting in my bathroom. Now I know I must have purchased it because of some info on here but for the life of me I can't remember why I bought it. I've never taken them and I just noticed I had some. Does zinc help your hair grow? Are there any side affects? Has anyone noticed a significant growth incrase with Zinc?
Found this info about zinc: http://www.wholehealthmd.com/refshelf/substances_view/1,1525,10071,00.html

Back