does anyone use kerastase?

atlantatiffany

if u use these products what do u use and how do u like them? i've always heard good things and i have seen many articles about the brand. i have thick 4a hair. so what do u think would be best for me? thanks ahead of time for responses.

I really love their products. I will be switching over to more natural and organic things, but I am stillt hinking about keeping some of these products in my rotation. These are all the products that I have by Kerastase:

Nutritive Collection
*Bain Satin 3-Hair Bath for very dry and damaged hair
*Masquintense Cheveux Epais Intensive Care- for very dry and thick hair

*Bain Oléo-Relax Hair Bath
*Elixir Oléo-Relax
*Lait Nutri-Sculpt Smoothing Hair Foundation

Dermo-Calm Collection:
sensitive ,stressed scalps, dry hair.

*Bain Riche Haute Tolérance Hair Bath
*Baume Hydra-Calmant Nourishing Care
*Noctocalm -The first soothing night serum for sensitive scalps

Résistance Collection
*Bain de Force Hair Bath -for weakened hair
*Age Recharge Firming gel-masque
*Ciment Anti-Usure Reconstructive- care for worn out lengths and ends

Spécifique Collection

*There is a serum that I've used too. I can't find the name of it.

Ballet BUn ...
driver.gif

I love their conditioners. I have the Oleo Relax Smoothing Mask and the Macquintense for dry thin hair. They both perform similarly but the latter provides some noticeable volume.

I didn't care much for the Oleo Relax shampoo which I'll give away to a friend.

atlantatiffany

If you purchase and Kerastase products, let us know which ones you bought, and if you liked them.

Ballet Bun ...
driver.gif

Bump...

I happened to pick this up in my BSS today, then I came home and did a lhcf search... any new opinions ladies?

Kerastase sounds like good stuff, but if you have long and/or thick hair, does it really last? It's expensive stuff, which in itself isn't a problem, but the quantities are so small! Look s like you'd only get one use out of their products.

Kitkat said:
Kerastase sounds like good stuff, but if you have long and/or thick hair, does it really last? It's expensive stuff, which in itself isn't a problem, but the quantities are so small! Look s like you'd only get one use out of their products.
No it doesnt last. You will get maybe 3 or at most 4 uses if you skimp. For that cost, but the Loreal vive line in the orange container, it is basically the same thing and is made the same company. Even "Dont Buy Hair Products Without Me" says that it in its review. Finally, I have found Humecto to be better than Kerastase.

tryn2growmyhair said:
No it doesnt last. You will get maybe 3 or at most 4 uses if you skimp. For that cost, but the Loreal vive line in the orange container, it is basically the same thing and is made the same company. Even "Dont Buy Hair Products Without Me" says that it in its review. Finally, I have found Humecto to be better than Kerastase.

Yes, I was using the conditioner from that line Loreal and it was awesome. If I couldn't use NTM I would go back to the Loreal Vive Conditioner.

This site is great! I just found the product online, sounds just like what I need but boy is it ever expensive??

I just came out of braids, pressed Saturday for the first time. Hair is frizzzy and reverting back to cotton fuzz. I think I'm going to do an Aphrogee treatment tonight and try flat ironing. Trying to hold out for at least 2 weeks and let it rest and condition it before I make any moves. I wore brades for 6 years straight!! My hairline is suffering. I was going to do braids again until I found this site, you guys have given me strength!

I remember using a product called OleoCap, hot oil treatment in a bottle years ago that was fabulous! I can't find it on the web anywhere, this was about 20 years ago, I think it evolved into the item I posted below:

Wish me luck!

Janet aka !! JJ Cottonhead

KERASTASE, NUTRITIVE - Masque Oléo-Relax 150ml - Smoothing masque to discipline dry, frizzy, unmanageable hair:lachen:

pistachio said:
The Loreal line of products(in the orange containers) is a generic form of the "Kerastase Masqueintense", then?
It's not generic because Loréal makes the Kérastase line of products among many others. The difference in cost may be due to differences in packaging and a slightly larger proportion of the more costly ingredients in the formula.

IMO it's more effective to buy one's own oils, etc. and add them to standard or mid-range products. For example, why buy milk and honey conditioner - where the milk protein and honey are only in small amounts - when you can add heaping spoonfuls of powdered milk and honey to an ordinary conditioner and it costs less too.

Sorry I can't give a review of Kérastase; I looked into trying it, but it is just too expensive for me to experiment with. Supermarket honey and Indian herbs and oils added to mid-range BSS products have given me great results and been very easy on my bank account.

Last edited:
OMG, I've seen on the web Kerastase products' prices ! It's not the same prices than here in France (less expensive of course). I guess I will give it a try ^^

I don't yet, but I'm thinking about buying some of the products, I've heard people rave about it alot, and they smell really good.

I havent but I remember when had my hair cut at Vidal Sassoon, the girl used some kind of serum from Kerastase and my hair loved it

Back