DOES ANYONE USE GREASE STILL? I THINK MIGHT "NEED" GREASE!

hotlusciousl

When I try to use oil on my scalp to keep it from being dry, after a day I need to reapply. So I went to this girl to get my ends clipped and she roller wrapped my hair, after I sat under the dryer she proceeded to put grease on my parts between the rows of curls and my scalp felt soo good. I did not need to put oil on my scalp for a whole week. My hair was not weighed down at all. So I roller wrapped my hair on sunday and did the same thing and noticed that I have a good amount of new growth enough so that if I pull my hair I can see it spring back. I got a relaxer two weeks ago. So I think my scalp may need grease. Does anyone else still use grease?

I use grease especially on wash day on damp hair. It makes myhair feel soft for days. After that not so often...maybe 2x/week.

Many people on the board use grease.

I use it sometimes--but mainly I put shea butter on my scalp.

Girl---if grease feels good and works for you--keep on using it:)

Lots of people use grease!

I love grease, but I hate how it weighs my hair down and that is the only reason why I don't use it. I don't need (or really like) grease or oil on my scalp, but I love how grease can make my hair look.

My mom lives by her Nature's Blessings hair pomade and Ihave a cousin with BEAUTIFUL hair that uses Sulfur 8.

I say use what works for YOU. If it works for you and eliminates a problem - go for it.

ME! I love grease and so doe smy hair. If I dont use it my hair breaks and acts unruly. I moisturize and grease seals in the moisture. I dont use the sticky greasy greases. I use light greases and hair oils and hair butters. No blue magic or stuff like that... My greases are in my fotki. I even use beeswax sometimes.

I use a little bit of Kera Care Glossifier grease on my scalp after roller setting. It prevents dryness in the winter and it feels cool on the scalp because of the menthol. Its almost a must in the winter because the hooded dryer dehydrates my scalp.

I use grease on my wet hair. I love the shine it gives. I dont put it on my scalp anymore cuz overtime it gives me the itchies. Right now i'm using dax supergro liquid formula. It is very light. It has petroleum, sweet almond oil,aloe vera,avocado oil,sunflower oil, jojoba oil, sesame oil, wheat gerem oil, safflower oil, peanut oil,cottonseed oil, fragrance. I will never give my grease up again;Oil alone cant tame this wild jungle!:lol:

I use ORS Carrot Creme....It's not exactly a grease, (it doesnt have petroleum or mineral oil) but it's similar...Love it! I take it thru my scalp and hair!

Back