does anyone use coconut oil to twist there hair with?

naturallyme

if so which kind do u use? i'm thinking about buying the spectrum naturals coconut oil unrefined or the parachute kind. which one is better than the other? and do u have to wash the oil out of your hair in a certain amount of time or can it be left in for like 2 or 3 weeks because thats how long i'm planning on leaving my twists in my hair without washing. the reason i asked is because i never used coconut oil in my hair before and i'm just curious to know the answer to my questions. thanks in advance!

Ive tried virgin pure coconut oil before-nothing else. This was a long time ago. My hair came out dry. It didn't work for me at the time. When the oil is mixed w/something like a butter, it works better for me. I may try this agaiin soon to see if I still get the same results

I've used coconut oil before for twists and I loved it. It's light and it smells good. LOL. I did use a butter with it as well for heavier moisturizing because I knew I wouldn't remember to moisturize my twists again. I think I used it for the root and shaft of my hair and the butter for my ends. Hope this helps.

Back