Does anyone use Aveda Color Conditioners?

so1913

I used a couple back around 2001-2002 and remember they gave a nice tint to my natural hair color without the committment and am thinking about trying them again come spring. I think I tried both Clove and Maddar Root colors.

Does anyone use them? If so. which ones and do you or don't you like them?

ETA: OOOPS!!!! WRONG FORUM!!! LOL, MODS, CAN YOU MOVE PLEASE?

HI, I have both Black Malva Shampoo and Conditioner....the conditioner pretty much does what it says, deposits color, and I found that I had to leave it on my hair for about an hour or two to achieve the desired color. My hair is naturally dark brown but slightly lighter at the roots and has subtle red highlights from the apple cider vinegar rinses I do on a regular basis. One thing I would say about the conditioner is that it's very drying and smells herbally. My hair had a strong herbal scent to it for about two days. I even mixed the conditioner with a little bit of phytocitrus mask and castor oil but it still made my hair dry ( but it could have just had that effect on me because my hair is really dry and porous).
I then rinsed out the conditioner and followed it up with the black malva shampoo, which has a nice cherry scent to it, and I found it to be slightly moisturizing, not too drying. i think the shampoo doesn't actually deposit any color but brings out the hairs own natural color and tones and gives it a bit of shine. I have only used these products once so far, but do plan to try them both in the near future. HTH :)

stargazer613 said:
HI, I have both Black Malva Shampoo and Conditioner....the conditioner pretty much does what it says, deposits color, and I found that I had to leave it on my hair for about an hour or two to achieve the desired color. My hair is naturally dark brown but slightly lighter at the roots and has subtle red highlights from the apple cider vinegar rinses I do on a regular basis. One thing I would say about the conditioner is that it's very drying and smells herbally. My hair had a strong herbal scent to it for about two days. I even mixed the conditioner with a little bit of phytocitrus mask and castor oil but it still made my hair dry ( but it could have just had that effect on me because my hair is really dry and porous).
I then rinsed out the conditioner and followed it up with the black malva shampoo, which has a nice cherry scent to it, and I found it to be slightly moisturizing, not too drying. i think the shampoo doesn't actually deposit any color but brings out the hairs own natural color and tones and gives it a bit of shine. I have only used these products once so far, but do plan to try them both in the near future. HTH :)

I do remember a strong lingering scent from the conditioners.

Back