Does anyone use any products geared towards childr

LondonDiva

I was out getting the D&L ultra cholesterol and was looking at the cutely packaged kids products and looked at some of the ingredients. WAY TOO MAY OF THEM contain Mineral Oil, I stumbled across some Carrot Oil creme by Sofn'free n'pretty which was only £1.99, mineral oil free and I liked the look of the consistency of the product, so I decided to buy it.

Hopefully it does something for me like a leave in, but has anyone used products for kids and got good results from them. i just thought I could be overlooking a good product for my hair just because it's designed for kids.

Well when I used to shampoo there were things I would use. When I was feeling cheap I would just buy a large one of Johnson and Johnson baby shampoo, I usually use Creme of Nature. and mixed that shampoo with some lemon juice.

I'm 'no poo' and 'no duct' as well. But I would say that my hair was great with the baby shampoo. Has the basic stuff and extremely gentle since it is for children. And the lemon juice added the cleansing I needed to scrub my scalp. my hair was healthy and soft. didn't have much of the crap tons of these other shampoos have.

Tah,
A9 /images/graemlins/poke.gif /images/graemlins/wasntme.gif /images/graemlins/naughty.gif /images/graemlins/beer5.gif /images/graemlins/cheers.gif

I read in the sunday times magazine that most children's shampoo products are not mild by any means. They tend to contain compounds to stop tearing but other than that........nothing. (L'oreal does a huge range). SLS,ALS levels tend to be the same.

I don't know about other products though.I'm all for mineral oil so you've given me some ideas. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I used to use the johnson and johnson original hair baby shampoo, the one that feels like it's ripping your eyes out, when a sud falls in... But then onlly about a tablespoon. About to tablespoon lemon juice and about a cup water. Shake it up in a water bottle or empty shampoo bottle and poor it on.

Quick and easy.

P.S. even our childrens hair is up for torkment at an early age. /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/lick.gif /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Tah,
A9

Back