Does anyone own any other horse products?

:bud:

Ok, you gonna get me in trouble here! :lol:

The only other product line I use is Eqyss Mega-Tek Hair Rebuilder, it's a conditioner, it's an AWESOME conditioner that smells like coconut and does wonders at stalling hair breakage. I tried the Premier Shampoo and Avocado mist but didn't find them to my liking but the Mege-Tek is a keep. I bought a gallon of it.

These are crossover products, i.e., they are marketed and sold for human use as well, unlike the MTG.

VWVixxen said:
:bud:

Ok, you gonna get me in trouble here! :lol:

The only other product line I use is Eqyss Mega-Tek Hair Rebuilder, it's a conditioner, it's an AWESOME conditioner that smells like coconut and does wonders at stalling hair breakage. I tried the Premier Shampoo and Avocado mist but didn't find them to my liking but the Mege-Tek is a keep. I bought a gallon of it.

These are crossover products, i.e., they are marketed and sold for human use as well, unlike the MTG.

Well this sounds brillliant, That is good that it is marketed for humans too,
Thank you for everything La La ;) your a star :rosebud:
Girl, i just checked the link and the things look real good....please dont let the P.J in me overspend.....lol

Last edited:
i did a search on antifungal shampoos (along the same lines of thinking as the Monistat users) and thought about ordering it but thought it might be dangerous so instead i'll be looking for a human shampoo with the same main ingredient

MegeTek is sounding good and a gallon size that would be my only conditioner for a yr

MsP...you're so cute! I've been meaning to say that...

The Mega-Tek, if you order directly from Eqyss, the gallon totals about $141 plus tax in California but the shipping is free for purchases over $100.00. Otherwise, from them it's about $29.99 for a 16 oz bottle.

You can find this at some larger pet stores, look in the equine or bet section. Locally, at PetSmart it sells for $26.99 for the 16 oz bottle. They have to special order the gallon, I'm not sure their price on it though.

It lasts a long time, it's texture is very thick and kinda creamy.

If anyone buys it and doesn't like it, PM me, I'll gladly take it off your hands!! :lol:

VWVixxen said:
MsP...you're so cute! I've been meaning to say that...

The Mega-Tek, if you order directly from Eqyss, the gallon totals about $141 plus tax in California but the shipping is free for purchases over $100.00. Otherwise, from them it's about $29.99 for a 16 oz bottle.

You can find this at some larger pet stores, look in the equine or bet section. Locally, at PetSmart it sells for $26.99 for the 16 oz bottle. They have to special order the gallon, I'm not sure their price on it though.

It lasts a long time, it's texture is very thick and kinda creamy.

If anyone buys it and doesn't like it, PM me, I'll gladly take it off your hands!! :lol:

OK!! Miss Mega tek pusha. :lol: :lachen: But seriously, this stuff is da truth. I highly recommend it even though it was such a hassle to get to me. I love it!!:love:

CLASSYEBONYGIRL said:
OK!! Miss Mega tek pusha. :lol: :lachen: But seriously, this stuff is da truth. I highly recommend it even though it was such a hassle to get to me. I love it!!:love:

I know huh?!?! Some things never change!! This is right up there with your recommendation for the Garlic Shampoo, can't thank you enough for that! :kiss:

VWVixxen said:
I know huh?!?! Some things never change!! This is right up there with your recommendation for the Garlic Shampoo, can't thank you enough for that! :kiss:

Aww!! :Blush2: Thank you.You are very welcome.:kissing4:That garlic poo did wonders for my hair. I am so glad I decided to give it a try too. I can't live without it now.:love::yay:

I use the Natural Elegance Conditioner by Shapley's (same manufacturer of MTG) and I like it a lot. It detangles my hair so easily--I use to dread combing my hair out after washing it, but this conditioner has made it quick and painless. It doesn't smell like anything which makes is nice to me--you can add essentials oils to it for fragrance.

taken from a horse board

taken from a horse board :bud: seems they have the same techniques as some of us on here.:)

When you've shown and groomed horses for 30+ years you learn a thing or two about grooming. There are some basics that apply to all horses, and of course some specifics based on the breed. We'll provide some of the basics, but center on Arabian horses (much of this applies to the Morgan World as well.).
But first the basics...
My friends all tease me because I refuse to brush manes or tails, but when you look at the difference between my gelding and the other brushed horses - you can quickly see why I have adopted the no brush rule. On average, my gelding's mane is 4 inches longer. When there is a snarl I finger pick through or use a little Cowboy Magic Detangler. With a little patience, I can beat the nastiest wind snarls. I have also braided manes to avoid the wind snarls - I would recommend this when your manes get extremely long.
Our Favorite Products:
Shapley's MTG (tail and mane growth)
Cowboy Magic Detangle and Shine
Guartex wrap
Vetrolin Shine (body wash/brace)

Want a tail that drags for days? Try this simple technique: Start by sorting out the long hairs from the new growth along the tail bone. Some of this new growth will hang over the tail bone - that is what you want. You may want to apply some Shapley's MTG to the ends of the tail - not too much. Then, Starting just below the end of the tail bone, begin braiding. Get tighter as you braid away from the bone. Once you get to the end take the end of the braided tail and thread it through one of the openings at the top of the braid (between the tail bone end and the braid starting point). Make sure you have some Guartex handy - koflex will do in a pinch - it just doesn't last as long. Now wind the remaining tail through the same hole until you have a nicely folded bunch of tail (about 4-5 inches long). Next wrap around the bunch securing it horizontally first - try to keep the smallest end hairs tucked in deeply for the most protection. Next, wrap vertically through the same braid hole securing vertically. Then continue alternating vertical and horizontal wraps until you have protected your tail bunch. In the summer or warm months - I recommend checking and changing every two-three weeks - use Cowboy Magic Detangler when taking the tail down - let it breathe for a few hours at least if possible and wash once a month. BE SURE THE TAIL IS COMPLETELY DRY BEFORE BAGGING - failure to do this may result in mildew or in severe cases breakage. I also recommend a Tail bag that is long enough and provide some swatting abilities during bug season - this is not necessary in the winter.

More coming soon...We'll update as we try and learn new products

Re: taken from a horse board

I've also used Mega Tek, because it is actually marketed towards humans, I felt safe using it, and there are some good reviews. I do not use it regularly anymore, but it is a good conditioner.

tastesosweet said:
I use the Natural Elegance Conditioner by Shapley's (same manufacturer of MTG) and I like it a lot.

I just received this. Reading the description, I liked it so hopefully it will works good in conjunction with MTG.

:ohwell: hi :newbie: i have been learning so much from everybody here;) i am trying a lot of things but i want to know are u lady still useing eqyss mega i order the con and the mist if it not to much to ask how is it working i can not seem to see to much about it here may be some body knows where i can go on this post i also use mtg did not get off on a good start with it trying to use it right just start about 3week so i donot see any thing new yet waiting but cant wait :grin: :bouncegre ithink i love these horse product looking to find out how to use them RIGHT PLEASE HELP by the way i have a short prem thank u

is this a leave in the eqyss mega how do u use it please help befor my next hair wash thank u;) and how to use the mist

Last edited:
Back