Does anyone know where I can find dry alma berries

fancypants007

At the old black hair forum there was this recipe using dried alma berries and coconut oil with other ingredients. I used this as a preshampoo treatment and it made my hair so healthy looking. You can get them at a indian store, but the one here where i live cannot get them anymore for me. I was just wondering if perhaps i mention it here at the forum, someone may know where i can purchase them. Thanks in advance.

Re: Does anyone know where I can find dry alma ber

[ QUOTE ]
fancypants007 said:
At the old black hair forum there was this recipe using dried alma berries and coconut oil with other ingredients. I used this as a preshampoo treatment and it made my hair so healthy looking. You can get them at a indian store, but the one here where i live cannot get them anymore for me. I was just wondering if perhaps i mention it here at the forum, someone may know where i can purchase them. Thanks in advance.

[/ QUOTE ]

That sounds like Vatika oil you were making. Vatika has henna, amla, coconut, lemon and some other ingredients I can't remember. If you can't find dry amla fruit, you might ask your grocer if they carry Dabur's Vatika oil. It's good stuff!
up.gif

Try asking the owner of the Indian or Middle Eastern grocery store near you for Amla powder. They typically carry that as a staple product. There are a number of places online that carry the Amla powder. But what you will pay for shipping will purchase 3 more boxes of the Amla powder. So see if you local store has the powder and/or can get it for you. The national distributors they use distribute Amla powder to most of these small stores throughout the US. If you absolutely can't find it locally, PM or email me and I'll look up my list of places on line that have it in small quantities.

HennaJoy

Back