Does anyone know how to diffuse the smell of a hair product?

Lady S

My hair loved Shea Moisture's Moisture Retention Shampoo. Didn't strip my hair at all and made it feel moisturized. Everything I wanted in a shampoo. My nose, however, was not amused. The smell was so intense that it gave me a headache. It wasn't a bad smell, it just hit you like a truck.

Fast foward to the present. My hair is just a tad dry due to bad decision making when it came to hair dye (shakes fist at Hi-Rez dye) and I know the shampoo would do wonders. But the smell! I'm barely tolerating their curl enhancing smoothie.

It's not like they're the only hair products that reek. Any suggestions on how to dial the odor on them?

- not sure there is anyway around it. perhaps a perfume spray or a second co-wash with something you like.

I wish I knew. I would use that to combat the horrid smell of Sulu Max Gro. There are hair deodorizer sprays; but that just might be putting scent on top of scent.

i've been trying to find ways to dillute my sheamoisture moisturizing cream. I hate it!! i don't use it because of how strong the scent is

Hmmm, I wonder if adding something like a citrus scent or a peppermint scent would help or just make it smell horrific?

Back