Does Anyone know how to curl their hair with a blow dryer?

arosieworld

Thanks 4 our nail *****!
I know it is not LHCF approved for me to use my blow dryer as much as I do but I really love it..... I want to learn how to use a small round brush and a blow dryer to make curls and flips! I have seen stylist do it but I can't seem to figure it out....My hair loves the blow dryer but hates the iron so I want to try not to use it anymore.....Does anyone know how to do it? Do I need a smaller brush or a ceramic brush....
I use this goody brush to get my hair straight and the tension is amazing but right where the handle meets the purple part catches a few strands each time..... I love it so much though that I am just super careful..But with the awkward shape I cant make curls....
clear.gif
images
images

clear.gif

clear.gif
clear.gif

I've always wondered what's the purpose of round brushing and then flat ironing. :ohwell:

lol i think she wanted a sleeker look...and she probably doesnt have the blowdryer w/ the pik/comb attachment so thats how she had to blowdry her hair...it looked nice after flat-ironing, but i liked the round brush look better.

lol i think she wanted a sleeker look...and she probably doesnt have the blowdryer w/ the pik/comb attachment so thats how she had to blowdry her hair...it looked nice after flat-ironing, but i liked the round brush look better.

Me too. It was straight but with volume, and the flips and curls were cute. She probably could have cut that 45mins in half, had she blown it straight with a vented brush or Denman instead of the round brush...Since she was going to flatten it all out anyway.

But I also don't get why people roller set and then flat iron. It seems -->:spinning: to me. lol.

Op, One thing I really like for getting that blow out look are hot air brushes. They are basically a blow dryer and and a round brush in one. You pretty much use the same technique, except you don't have to hold up a blow dryer.

ht-1073.jpg

url

I haven't seen one with natural bristles though.

Me too. It was straight but with volume, and the flips and curls were cute. She probably could have cut that 45mins in half, had she blown it straight with a vented brush or Denman instead of the round brush...Since she was going to flatten it all out anyway.

But I also don't get why people roller set and then flat iron. It seems -->:spinning: to me. lol.

lol i think thats b/c it dries fairly smooth and straight and they dont use as much direct heat because they dont need to blowdry, and they dont need to need to do as many passes w/ the iron

I've given up. I can straighten my roots with a round brush and blowdryer, but I cannot accomplish the sleek look they get with the blowdryer at the Domincan salon.

I think the point of roundbrushing and light flat-ironing is more body/bounce.

Oh this is a good thread!! I tried to do this last weekend! I was able to do the back of my hair, but that was about it.

I've given up. I can straighten my roots with a round brush and blowdryer, but I cannot accomplish the sleek look they get with the blowdryer at the Domincan salon.

I think the point of roundbrushing and light flat-ironing is more body/bounce.

It takes me 28 minutes to straighten my hair with a round brush and I am starting to get better than my stylist.... Clips and sections are your friend.... I love big hair and that 70's look so blow outs work for me! Round brushes shine my hair more but you need to take smaller sections to avoid tangles....
Thanks so much for all your help I think its my brush, it not as small as the youtube peoples...I will have to practice....

Back