Does anyone just sew on their Instant Weaves?

jtsupanova

Im thinking of taking off the combs and just sewing it on like a weave. I will still moisturize my hair underneath the instant weave. Im going to keep it in for about 2-3 weeks and I will wash w/con it once a week.

Does this sound like a good idea or should I just take advantage of the benfits of a wig?

BTW the Instant weave it synthetic spring curl so I won't have to comb or brush it and it won't frizz up so quick.

Kinikakes did it for a pageant once but she had a human hair one. I don't think she washed it while it was in. I've never done it but I wouldn't recommend you do it with synthetic hair. It's gonna look like a rats behind by the end of the 3 weeks. I probably wouldn't even do it with the human. The quality of the hair on those things isn't that great.

Thanks for the advice^
The only reason I really want to sew it on is because I teach dance and work out alot and I would just die if it came off during a class. I teach hip hop so there is a lot if head swinging (thirk dirty wind ok). Maybe I will just sew it a leave on 1-2 weaks without washing just moisturizing the tracks.

Thanks for the advice^
The only reason I really want to sew it on is because I teach dance and work out alot and I would just die if it came off during a class. I teach hip hop so there is a lot if head swinging (thirk dirty wind ok). Maybe I will just sew it a leave on 1-2 weaks without washing just moisturizing the tracks.

Ohhh... Why don't you just do one cornrow across the front and the back where the comb goes and make sure it's hooked in there good. Mines always stayed in good when I had a lot of new growth when I was relaxed. Now that I'm natural as long as my hair isn't wet, it gets hooked in there pretty good and doesn't go anywhere.

Im thinking of taking off the combs and just sewing it on like a weave. I will still moisturize my hair underneath the instant weave. Im going to keep it in for about 2-3 weeks and I will wash w/con it once a week.

Does this sound like a good idea or should I just take advantage of the benfits of a wig?

BTW the Instant weave it synthetic spring curl so I won't have to comb or brush it and it won't frizz up so quick.

I have sewed a half wig in prior to LHCF. Like you said, it was like a weave but not as much manipulation or time to install. I would sew a curly one on for a week, with the front of my hair corn-rolled to the back. I would take it down and wash and dc my hair and then reinstall again. How will you moisturize your hair underneath? I second Bmore not so sure how the instant wig will hold up with washing it while on your head. I think it is good idea to give your hair a break for a week or 2 but I wouldn't rely on it as a maintenance style.

Since learning more about healthy hair I still use instant wigs, but no longer sew them on, only becuase I love to be able to "get" to my hair.

ETA: If you do decide to sew it on make sure you cover your head at night w/a bonnet.

^ I am going to moisturize my hair by spraying Brx Braid Spray on the tracks. I agree with you ladies on not washing the intant weave because its synthetic. I will probably only leave it on a week or so. I will definately be covery my hair with a bonnet/ scarf at night.
Another reason I opt for sewing it because I don't like the way the combs feel and I am not a fan of pins either.

Well I just posting to say that I sewed it on and I love it! It was so easy. I going to try to make it last as long as I can.The quality of the hair is pretty good for synthetic. I'm going to try to post pics later. I might be on to something here.

Back