Does anyone here leave in their DC?

Channy31

Last night I was DC'ing and blow dried by hair to heat it up.

I noticed that with the DC in my hair it had the BEST texture. It was super defined and it stretched it out a little.

When I washed it out and styled my hair shrunk up more and wasn't as defined.

So what I'm wondering is if any of you guys leave your hair with your DC in it?

I was using my macadamia deep repair mask, which would make a pretty expensive leave-in but I looks like it could be worth it!

If I use qhemet biologics amla and olive heavy cream as a DC I leave it in...but a cheapy DC I tend to rinse it out...so I guess the better the ingredients the more likely I am to leave it in...

Me :yep: I don't ever rinse out conditioner. Aside from it being wasteful, I personally find it senseless to apply condish and rinse it out, just to apply a leave-in (which is a conditioner just the same) and leave that one in. DC/rinse-outs/leave-ins = conditioner.

I wash with shampoo, rinse it out. I get out of the shower, apply my desired conditioner and detangle. I don't wash it out.

That said, ingredients that penetrate the strands take a lot longer to do so when heat isn't applied, but they still do. I find I also save time by not sitting under a dryer but just leaving the product in my hair to naturally do what it's supposed to do.

I use to dilute my DC a little and use it as a leave-in until I got my Komaza Analysis done. Leaving the DC in was clogging my hair follicles a lot and causing more shedding than normal and would have eventually lead to permanent hair loss for me. I think leave-ins are formulated to be lighter than DC's and rinse-outs so now I make sure I rinse my DC's out very well.

wouldn't a DC take a very long time to dry since it is so thick or are you light handed with it? I never considered leaving it in, may try when I start DCing again.

I use to dilute my DC a little and use it as a leave-in until I got my Komaza Analysis done. Leaving the DC in was clogging my hair follicles a lot and causing more shedding than normal and would have eventually lead to permanent hair loss for me. I think leave-ins are formulated to be lighter than DC's and rinse-outs so now I make sure I rinse my DC's out very well.

Interesting, could this be avoided by just avoiding the scalp area do you think?

wouldn't a DC take a very long time to dry since it is so thick or are you light handed with it? I never considered leaving it in, may try when I start DCing again.

Erm, quite light handed maybe. Not too sure. My hair takes a good two days to air dry anyway since I have so much hair.

Me :yep: I don't ever rinse out conditioner. Aside from it being wasteful, I personally find it senseless to apply condish and rinse it out, just to apply a leave-in (which is a conditioner just the same) and leave that one in. DC/rinse-outs/leave-ins = conditioner.

I wash with shampoo, rinse it out. I get out of the shower, apply my desired conditioner and detangle. I don't wash it out.

That said, ingredients that penetrate the strands take a lot longer to do so when heat isn't applied, but they still do. I find I also save time by not sitting under a dryer but just leaving the product in my hair to naturally do what it's supposed to do.

Thanks! This tempts me then!
:grin:

What about for a cowash? Using my vo5 clarifying conditioner, I rinse it out well to pick up dirt and oils with it.

I do agree that any conditioner has the potential to be a leave in conditioner. But there are some benefits to rising it out.

What about for a cowash? Using my vo5 clarifying conditioner, I rinse it out well to pick up dirt and oils with it.

I do agree that any conditioner has the potential to be a leave in conditioner. But there are some benefits to rising it out.

I've tried it before but didn't like it. My hair still felt dirty somehow.

I've done it many times. But then again I use Tresemme naturals Vibrant Smooth as a leave-in (for WnGs during the summer) a rinse out (again in summer when I leave it curly more often), and a DC. I haven't had any issues.

I hardly ever use products as directed (unless they're rich in protein).

I use whatever for whatever as long as my hair likes it. If I'm wearing my hair in a curly style & the product has healthy ingredients, conditioner is conditioner & I'm in no great hurry to rinse.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

As a natural, yes. I leave in my dc. When I was relaxed it made my hair feel mushy or stiff depending on whether I used moisture or protein:yep:

Which DCners were you using at the time BranwenRosewood

All the time! I'll leave a thick DC in if my hair is super dry, otherwise I use condishes like suave and vo5 to cowash, detangle, and as a leave in.

Back