Does anyone have breakage from rollerwrapping?

Ladylynn

:perplexed I am have a serious breaking problem. I'm not sure what I am doing wrong. I rollerset my hair using leave in conditioner and seal it with olive oil. Once my set is dry, I remove the rollers and begin to wrap the hair. I experience the most breakage during the time I wrap. My hair has been breaking like crazy. I also wash twice a week and use a deep conditioner for 15 minutes and airdry the rollerset. I was certain that this was a fool proof regime but now I am having second thoughts. I am waiting the arrival of my aphogee treatment (can't just go and pick it up, I'm stationed in korea with my hubby), so I guess I really can't do much until the product comes. I'm not sure what I'll do if the treatment doesn't work. I'm thinking that I might go back to flat ironing and curling after I air dry in a pony tail. I don't remember having breakage when I did this. Sorry this is so.. long I just don't know what I'm going to do. I'm not sure why my hair is breaking so much. My hair texture is 4b by the way, not sure if this matters or not.

1) Could some one please offer some advice?

2) Does anyone else air dry in a pony tail, then flat iron in the morning? If so... how has your hair grown?

3) Do you experience breakage from this method?

I had this when I first started also. Do you use the rollers with covers or clips. When I first started I found that the clips if put in wrong would snap or tear hairs so that when you wrap it looks like they are breaking. The only way to prevent this is to practice.

Also setting lotion that was too strong caused my hair to be crunchy and break some during the wrap.

You might also need a protein conditioner

Thanks, I found out that it was the products and using rollers that were too small in size. I washed again and used s curl and olive oil to set. My hair came out much softer and it was easier to comb. I also used the purple rollers instead of the red ones. Thanks for the advice.

Back