Does anyone have BC pics?

caligirl

I'm transitioning and right now I want to cut my hair in the worst way. But I want an idea of how long my hair will be and what I can do with it at this length. I am 18 mos post relaxer. Does anyone have pics at this length?

I only transitioned for 6.5 months before I BCed. At 18 months I bet you have a lot of hair under your relaxer. I have plenty of pics in my album with styling ideas. One thing to remember is that your length could be there, but you might not be able to really see it because of shrinkage in other words you might still look like you have 2in of hair when you really have six. This is all good though, I've seen some sistas roc a mean little fro. Again you do have several styling options.

If you want to cut it then cut it...what do you have to lose??? Let your creativity shine!

You can find the link to my album at bc central (link in siggy). I chopped at 18 months. I had 4.5 inches at that point. If your hair has been growing faster than .25 inches per month then you'll have more. I don't have a lot of style pics because, well, I don't really do anything besides a wash n go. But I wear a mean scarf :lol: Even at 4.5 inches I had plenty to be able to just pull it back and leave it alone. I did daily con washes, put on a scarf/headband/bandana, and went on my way. My hair has really taken off since then. Just find a nice, simple routine that you can stick to :)

latia said:
Here is my bc pic a month after the initial chop. Don't pay attention to the tow up mug w/acne attack.:lachen: (I am back to normal now) I bc'd down to 2in late March. [url="http://images14.fotki.com/v206/free/8cfc4/6/676322/2415760/scan00021-vi.jpg?500352"]http://images14.fotki.com/v206/free/8cfc4/6/676322/2415760/scan00021-vi.jpg?500352[/url]

Sorry Caligirl for off topic comment: Latia, I've never seen a photo of you BC--your hair looks fantastic! Very pretty look for you.

((Back to regularly posted thread))

ETA: I have about 3.5" of natural hair at close to 8 months, and I BC in March. I have lots of coils in the middle of my hair, and that =lots of shrinkage. Given my hair texture, I expect at least 45-50-% shrinkage. I should do a "Big BC" pool and have people guess the percentage of shrinkage I will have. ;) So I guess it's really two separate issues--how many inches of hair will you have, and how many inches of hair will it "look like" you have, right?

Last edited:
I have BC pics in my album as well. I chopped at 11 months and had about 5 inches of hair and I felt I was able to do a lot with my hair. I believe in another thread you said you have 8-9 inches of hair..girl that is more than enough. It has been almost four months since my BC and I have 7 inches of hair and you have 8 inches of hair!! but I love the way my twists look. I have also done comb coils as well and I think those came really cute too. Link is in my siggy and pw is in my profile.

Thanks Cheleigh. Cali you have lots of hair to work with. Good luck whatever you decide. You will really love it!:D

I haven't been natural for that long yet but I think you should be able to do lots of styles w. 18 mths of growth...I can only imagine...:love:

Back