Does Anyone Have A Flat Iron from Sally's That They Adore?

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
I am trying to get around purchasing a high end/high priced flat iron!

Can anyone recommend one from Sally's? (that you personally have used, not one you've heard about!) Or a less pricey one that is not necessarily from Sally's?

Last edited:
I own a flat iron that I got from Sally's. It's the 1" conditioning Ionic-Ceramic Digital Styling Iron by Ion. Now I have not used it very much yet because I am natural and being very careful with heat but so far my experience with it has been wonderful. It made my hair feel very silky and soft and it got it pretty straight, I think I used it on 350 degrees, I was afraid to go any higher. I have not posted any reviews yet because I am waiting to get up the nerve (and energy) to flat iron all of my hair because I want to have pics to back up my review, but I could not resist responding to your thread. I think it cost around $95. The lady at Sally's said after she tried this one she threw away her other irons, I didn't believe her until I tried it. She said that so far everyone she's sold it to loves it.

I do. I just bought one last Friday. Its a jilbere ceramic nano gold flat iron and it cost about 40 dollars. It has 50 heat settings and decent size flat iron area, and it did a wonderful job. My hair came out just like how it does when my stylist does it.

I also adore :love: my Jilbere ceramic with gold plates. It's awesome and can't imagine my hair looking straight and soft without it.

I do. I just bought one last Friday. Its a jilbere ceramic nano gold flat iron and it cost about 40 dollars. It has 50 heat settings and decent size flat iron area, and it did a wonderful job. My hair came out just like how it does when my stylist does it.

I also have a Jilbere ceramic and I love it! My hair gets super straight. :yep:

My flat iron was purchased at JC Penney and it's a professional model, a CHI. I figured that if I were going to use a flat iron, I figured I may as well get a really good one.

I have two Jilbere irons that I adore.

I have a 2.5 inch Titanium Tools one and then a 1 inch porcelain ceramic one.

I love the Jilbere Titanium tools (red ceramic plates). I'm natural and it can get my hair stick straight with ease!

I also have the Jilbere with the gold ceramic plates that has the felt stuff on the top (to help smooth your hair when you bump it). I used to love that one but it stopped giving me the great results i wanted after about 2 years...might buy another one.

For both I get the 1 1/4" plates. I don't think I'd know how to act if I try the really expensive ones like the CHI and so on, b/c my $40 iron seems to do the job.

Last edited:
I have the Ion Color Brilliance Wet/Dry flat iron. Caught it on sale in Feb. I can use it on slightly damp or dry hair and it makes my hair shine, and protects your color. It does not have a ceramic finish to it which i love. Does a better job than Chi in my opinion. I have used Chi when I worked at JCPenny salon a few years ago and did not like it. The plates on my flat iron are purple, and it has another one just like it without the wet/dry option with blue plates. But its still a little pricey, on sale it was $89, but then again I didn't want to spend $150.

I am trying to get around purchasing a high end/high priced flat iron!

Can anyone recommend one from Sally's? (that you personally have used, not one you've heard about!) Or a less pricey one that is not necessarily from Sally's?

Not from Sally's (even though they have good ones under $50). I just got my new one from target. It's the Vidal Sassoon Tourmaline Ceramic Flat iron, it's about 40 bucks. I am in love with that thing:lick:! It has a smooth glass like finish w/ rubber bumpers and the edges are SMOOTH! No broken hair. I can't wait until next wash day!

I have a pink one from Sally's that I travel with and it is cool except if I am not extra careful it snags my hair on the end. It stays in my suitcase for business trips, I bought it for 40 bucks because I wanted the pink flat iron and the free pink cosmetic bag that came with it...I know very sick I am:look:

I bought it for 40 bucks because I wanted the pink flat iron and the free pink cosmetic bag that came with it...I know very sick I am:look:

Well, if it makes you feel better...I bought 3 ION products (almost $30) to get myself that Red fake crock embossed tote bag they had earlier this month :grin:

I have a pink one from Sally's that I travel with and it is cool except if I am not extra careful it snags my hair on the end. It stays in my suitcase for business trips, I bought it for 40 bucks because I wanted the pink flat iron and the free pink cosmetic bag that came with it...I know very sick I am:look:

Nope, not sick at all. I bought a pink CHI iron simply because it was pink once. I ended up taking it back because I hardly used it and realized that I'd only bought it because it was pink. AND, I almost bought the pink one from Sally's that I believe you are referring to. It was a breast cancer promotional item, right? It was indeed a cutie!

Back