Does anyone go without moisturizer/a leave in conditioner?

Neith

I'm thinking about doing just gel and oil on wash days and the day after.

My hair always has that too soft, fluffy, light feeling after deep conditioning for at least a day or two after washing it. I hate it!

I'm actually afraid to try to go without any moisturizer!

Does anyone else do this? Did your hair get dry?

I do go without moisturizers or leave-ins. I don't even use oils or gels. Absolutely nothing. I wash then condition then ACV rinse and call it a day. My hair doesn't feel dry to me. It is soft and such a joy to touch. I have been doing this for almost 5 years now. I am in braids and so I don't worry about friction from combing. The only time I use anything in my hair after a wash is when I'm wearing my hair out. And all I use then is S-Curl to provide the slip necessary for combing without ripping my hair to pieces.

:look:

So far, I've done it *thinks* once, I think? I honestly can't remember. I'm a scared, because I know if my hair goes all :swearing: on me, I'm going to have to re-do my hair, and really, I usually don't have that much time.... :lol:

There were a LOT of ladies on NP doing the 'Bohemian' thing, though, which was basically product-free hair. :yep:

Sometimes, I'll feel like I don't have to put leave in because my moisturizing dc is so good. however, i do it still becasue its a mild heat protectant. but i agree, if your dc is really good your hair will feel moisturized for at least 2-3 days without anything on it.

I do go without moisturizers or leave-ins. I don't even use oils or gels. Absolutely nothing. I wash then condition then ACV rinse and call it a day. My hair doesn't feel dry to me. It is soft and such a joy to touch. I have been doing this for almost 5 years now. I am in braids and so I don't worry about friction from combing. The only time I use anything in my hair after a wash is when I'm wearing my hair out. And all I use then is S-Curl to provide the slip necessary for combing without ripping my hair to pieces.

WHAAATTT???

I need to see your hair.

no leave in??? what do you mean, i dont understand. no leave in, am i going crazy? where am i?

I'm thinking about doing just gel and oil on wash days and the day after.

My hair always has that too soft, fluffy, light feeling after deep conditioning for at least a day or two after washing it. I hate it!

I'm actually afraid to try to go without any moisturizer!

Does anyone else do this? Did your hair get dry?

Your hair sounds super moisturized, so it sounds like you don't even need a moisturizer. :yep: Be careful not to get moisture overload; but that's easier to recover from than protein overload. I'd rather have your problem. :lachen:

Back