Does anyone else not like lust OR garnier?

soslychic

I think I'm the major minority here, but my hair just didn't respond to either of these products. The lust was ok (good thing I just got a sample packet) Is was better than the garnier though. That stuff initially leaves my hair feeling silky WHILE I'm conditioning, but when I'm rinsing this it's a pain and when I go to comb, AHHHHHHHHHHHH! My hair was SOOO incredibly tangled. I coulnd't even believe it. The comb was jerking through my hair. Well, I've given garnier 2 chances and I dislike it and I'll try lust again because I admit that my hair was pretty tangled before using it so maybe I wasn't entirely fair. But so far my review is, these products were terrible for my hair. Just goes to show that what works for one....ok....yall know the rest
laugh.gif

I tried Garnier, before I read the raves about it, and I didn't like it at all. I tried it again, after reading so many good things about it, but I still disliked it.

I haven't tried (or seen) LUST, so I can't offer comparison there.

I think that my hair is either becoming immune to it or I need to clarify more often because my last two shampoos resulted in very little softness and slip. I even changed shampoo just to see if that was it. I have used up my last jar so, I will just give it a rest until I am finished using all of the other conditioners that I own.

Being the PJ that I am, I went looking for LUST. Unfortunately, LUST and I had a short lived relationship. It just didn't agree with my hair. I will stick to my old staple- Motions Moisture Plus. Others on here rave about it but I didn't like it. And yes, what works for some does not always work for all.

i tried the garnier and like i put in results post for it, it did nothing spectacular to my hair, just a regular condition...so.....

i didnt like either one. both felt good while in my hair but after i rinsed it was like i didnt even condition. the other loreal conditioner-nuturing creme- in the big orange jar did absolutely nothing for my hair. it didnt even feel soft when it was in my hair. but the one in a bottle-mega repair- it works great. makes my hiar really soft and silky.

[ QUOTE ]
Mzbrickhouse said:
Being the PJ that I am, I went looking for LUST. Unfortunately, LUST and I had a short lived relationship. It just didn't agree with my hair. I will stick to my old staple- Motions Moisture Plus. Others on here rave about it but I didn't like it. And yes, what works for some does not always work for all.

[/ QUOTE ]
Wow, You just described my hair. MMP is my staple too.
laugh.gif

Well...I didn't like the Garnier, so I skipped the LUST when I had the opportunity to buy it. I went the Mega Moisture nurturing cream instead and I like it a lot.

yeh. garnier totally sucked in my hair. i used the complete system and it made my hair feel really hard and tangly afterwards. my sister says it's the best she's ever used. i'll stick to pantene pro-v.

not me and garnier fructise again.
ohwell.gif

I can't really tell the difference. I always by stuff that is raved about on this board but I never seem to get the same results as the people raving. Lust and Garnier no different. I mean they're decent conditioners I guess but I can't tell that they do anything different than the CPR, Hair Mayo, Therappe, and all those other products this board has convinced me to buy.

Maybe I'm doing stuff wrong. The Mango Butter did nothing, the Colourshines didn't do anything spectacular but put a $27 dent in my pocket and so forth.

I want to buy the Carols Daughter stuff, the UBH hair stuff and the surge but I sometimes wonder if it's just more hype and group mentality that makes these products seem so wonderful.

I still use the Garnier and the Lust because I do need a conditioner but I don't see mindblowing results.

Of the raves, the products that I truly think lived up to the hype was the Bone Marrow condtioner, Scurl, Pantene Relaxed Line, Distilled Water, Motions Oil moisturizer and maybe a few others here and there.

I got so many products I'm literrally set for probably two years easily. But I won't be repurchasing the Lust or the Garnier.

I wasn't impressed with Garnier and it didn't produce the same results for me that it has for others. Lust seems to contain very similar ingredients, so I think I will leave that on the shelf at Sally's.

I also tried lust and I must agree it wasn't all that for me either. I will try it again this week just to give it another try. If it doesn't work out at least I only bought the sample packet.

Lust didn't do that much for my hair...
nono.gif

I just purchased the Garnier deep conditioner and I am excited to try it (just for a conditioner wash).

Did anyone notice that they have the same scent?

Chichi
bdance.gif

[ QUOTE ]
shinyblackhair said:
Well...I didn't like the Garnier, so I skipped the LUST when I had the opportunity to buy it. I went the Mega Moisture nurturing cream instead and I like it a lot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Same for me but the opposite order. I tried LUST a while back and I've never had a conditioner tangle my hair so much
ohwell.gif
So I'm not even gonna bother with the Fructis. I also tried the Mega Moisture conditioner and it worked pretty well for my hair
smile.gif

I used the garnier fructis conditioner last night for the third time and I don't care for it much...the smell is fine but I seem to have a lot of lost strands w/it plus my hair isn't soft or anything...I traded my two packages of LUST in for the Megamoisture packs...so i can't comment on LUST.

Has anyone used the fructis deep conditioner for just a conditioner rinse? What were your results?

Chichi
bdance.gif

MY hair really like the Garnier fructis and comb just glided
thru LOVE IT.
OF course my hair loves LUST also.

I'm always curious about products that elicit raves and definite boos. Are there particular hair types that respond to certain products better than other hair types? For those of you that did not care for LUST or Garnier Fructis, would you mind letting us know what's you hair type? I know that information would help me to save money on products.

Thanks for any responses!

I know this is a Garnier bashing post, but I just tried it today for the first time and I L-O-V-E-D it!!!! It gave me SLIP GALORE!!! My hair felt sooo soft & silky as I was washing it out!! LUST doesn't work like that for me!!
nono.gif
But this stuff is DA BOMB!!!
smile.gif
grin.gif

This and Kenra Moisturizing are now officially my top 2 conditoners.
drunk.gif

While I was at the store today, I smelled the Garnier mask stuff. Boy oh boy, that stuff smells good (almost reminds me of LUST). I may try this some time in 2004. I'm not sure yet.

Back