Does anyone else have...

chestnutblonde

a side of your hair which grows thicker and longer than the other? I trimmed my hair a weeks ago and my hair was even. Today I washed it, and the right side was so much longer than the left. The right side is also so much thicker than the left. Does anyone else have the same problem? Can I achieve the fullness on my left side as my right?

This very coman for one side to be thicker than the other, did you cut your hair while it was dry or wet? after flat ironing helps also,to make the hair even it should be stright other wise roller set you hair so its not noticable.

My hair is pretty thick all over but the right side seems to grow faster than the left for some reason.

My nape area has a whole other problem. The last time I got my hair professionally relaxed, my nape broke off entirely. Now I'm trying to grow it back, but without success. Mysweetevie, how do you get your nape to grow so fast?

chestnutblonde said:
My nape area has a whole other problem. The last time I got my hair professionally relaxed, my nape broke off entirely. Now I'm trying to grow it back, but without success. Mysweetevie, how do you get your nape to grow so fast?
The only thing that has worked is SURGE. The left side is always thinner :sad:.

My hairdresser pointed out the reason my right side is fuller than my left is b/c I sleep on the left side. The friction & pressure at night (even w/ my satin pillowcase) could make one side thinner than the other. That's a professional opinion.
I try to compensate by using Nexxus Biotin creme on my edges and weaker/shorter/thinner left side - every day. Hope this helps.

newslady said:
My hairdresser pointed out the reason my right side is fuller than my left is b/c I sleep on the left side. The friction & pressure at night (even w/ my satin pillowcase) could make one side thinner than the other. That's a professional opinion.
I try to compensate by using Nexxus Biotin creme on my edges and weaker/shorter/thinner left side - every day. Hope this helps.

I have the exact same problem. I sleep on my left side and it's shorter and thinner than my right side. I hate this.

My hair grows so much faster on the right side, though, it's thick all over. I cut the right side trying to keep it even and it ends up surpassing the left, anyway. BTW, I sleep on my right side.

chestnutblonde said:
a side of your hair which grows thicker and longer than the other? I trimmed my hair a weeks ago and my hair was even. Today I washed it, and the right side was so much longer than the left. The right side is also so much thicker than the left. Does anyone else have the same problem? Can I achieve the fullness on my left side as my right?

I HAD (past tense) :) the same problem involving the same side of my hair (the left) growing the slowest and being very thin! I would get my hair trimmed even all around and when I would go to the salon two months later the left side of my hair somehow got behind again. :confused: To help remedy the problem I’ve been condition washing my hair more often. After two months of tender loving washings, I believe these condition washes have really helped thicken my hair all around which in turn really helped the left side of my hair catch up!

Currently my hair is almost identical to the other side. It's still a work in progress! :antlers:

Back