Does anyone else have their product junky moments?

• Thread starter Thread starter Bublnbrnsuga
  • Start date Start date
B

Bublnbrnsuga

I can go months without buying new products, then one day, I get the urge to purchase products from almost each and every interesting line mentioned. So far, I have purchased:
Blended Beauty products
Long Lovely Locks
Elucence
Jessicurl

Now I am thinking about purchasing:
Asha's again
Possibly Carol's Daughter again
Curl Junkie
Curls

Whad da hay is wrong with me?

Last edited by a moderator:
Once a PJ, always a PJ!! :lol:

Just this past two weeks, I've had a relapse going for binges on

Eqyss Survivor Detangler and Rehydrant Spray
Qhement's 4 Pack Sampler
Silk Elements Lye Relaxer
Aphogee EFA Oil, Moisturizer and Intensive Reconstructor
Satin Rollers
2 Quick Weaves

"I'm VWVixxen and I have a hair habit...."

ME!!!

I try to stick with my staples, but as soon as something I want to try is on sale I want to pull out the debit card.

And not only that - Don't let it be a product that works very well. I then want to go an buy 5 of them.

Then I feel stupid, as I pass my linen closet and see the products there still waiting to be used. :ohwell:

HoneyDew said:
ME!!!

I try to stick with my staples, but as soon as something I want to try is on sale I want to pull out the debit card.

And not only that - Don't let it be a product that works very well. I then want to go an buy 5 of them.

Then I feel stupid, as I pass my linen closet and see the products there still waiting to be used. :ohwell:

Dang...at least I'm not alone in ALL this...:look:

VWVixxen said:

Qhement's 4 Pack Sampler
Satin Rollers
2 Quick Weaves

*groan*

I've been trying to forget the name of this product so I won't buy it!!!
Dagnabit, time to get out my credit card...:lol:

You know you've got it bad when you wake up and realize that the dream you just had about going on a spree at Sally's has made you "moist". Not that I personally have had this experience, my, uh frien...uh, next door neighb..., um cousin, yeah my cousin told me this had happened to her.:look:

I been good, but I feel a slip up coming this weekend...

VWVixxen said:

Qhement's 4 Pack Sampler
Satin Rollers
2 Quick Weaves

I just got:
Aphogee EFA Oil and Keratin Reconstructor too!
Oyin's sampler (i need another natural moisturizing condition. I used up the Qhemet detangler sample)
Surge (miss putting stuff on my scalp, sounds crazy but it feels weird and naked) :ohwell:
Mesh rollers (Why? I already have a plastic grocery bag full of magnetics)
Scalp massager (not necessary because of this board's review as much as people w/ chronic headaches)
A new soft bonnet dryer ('cause my old one burnt up)
UPA clip (i'm so into this thing it's not even funny)

And this was all BEFORE I just found a new BBS town. I didn't even know it was there and they carry every cheapie product I've ever heard mentioned here. What am I gonna do?! :whyme:

So true. I didn't buy anything from May-July (I did get some free samples though). It's only been 9 days into August and I've already wrecked shop at Sally's and two different Walgreens.

Yep...I'm a pj..lol...

I gave the oh it's my birthday all summer excuse...lol

I bought
Curl Junkie
Curls
Jane Carter
Blended Beauty
Jessicurl

& now I still want more stuff from Sistasplace while they're having their summer sale..

yourleoqueen said:
You know you've got it bad when you wake up and realize that the dream you just had about going on a spree at Sally's has made you "moist". Not that I personally have had this experience, my, uh frien...uh, next door neighb..., um cousin, yeah my cousin told me this had happened to her.:look:

What the...? LOL :lachen:You so crazy! I have a happy dance I do when products are waiting for me when I get home. It annoys the heck out of my husband.

sareca said:
I have a happy dance I do when products are waiting for me when I get home.

Ok, why did this make me bust out laughing in another wise QUIET office environment?!!

YOURLEOQUEEN said:
You know you've got it bad when you wake up and realize that the dream you just had about going on a spree at Sally's has made you "moist". Not that I personally have had this experience, my, uh frien...uh, next door neighb..., um cousin, yeah my cousin told me this had happened to her.

:lachen: You got it, you got it B-A-D gurl!!

WomanlyCharm said:
*groan*

I've been trying to forget the name of this product so I won't buy it!!!
Dagnabit, time to get out my credit card...

Why did I feel a certain satisfaction in knowing I was dragging someone else with me to PJ Purgatory? I think I'm going to be an usher... :angeldevi

*shaking fist at VW*

Girl, I just ordered the Megatek and the rehydrating spray...:lol:

Warm up my seat in PJ purgatory!

BTW, I know you rave about these products...do they really work that well?

Deniece said:
Yep...I'm a pj..lol...

I gave the oh it's my birthday all summer excuse...lol

I bought
Curl Junkie
Curls
Jane Carter
Blended Beauty
Jessicurl

& now I still want more stuff from Sistasplace while they're having their summer sale..

Did you enjoy the Curl Junkie, Curls and Jane carter line?

WomanlyCharm said:
*shaking fist at VW*

Girl, I just ordered the Megatek and the rehydrating spray...:lol:

Warm up my seat in PJ purgatory!

BTW, I know you rave about these products...do they really work that well?

I just purchased the Rehydrating Spray so I'm still evaluating that one but as of today, right this moment, IT'S A KEEPER!! No more glycerine mixes and S-Curl gunk in my hair, I hate oily drippy wet-ish hair!! I misted this on a Roller set I had done last night...it didn't make my hair frizz or lose curl! :shocked: **Disclaimer!! Notice I said MISTED not SATURATED!!** My hair is soft & supple feeling!! No crispy ends and I need a trim majorly. (I feel like I'm doing a commercial).

As for the Mega-Tek, it's a keeper for me (and my mum) when all other conditioners are used up. I think I may have finally found my preferred product line. :yep:

Tell ya what, if you get them and don't like them, PM me, I'll be HAPPY to take them off your hands!

VWVixxen said:
I just purchased the Rehydrating Spray so I'm still evaluating that one but as of today, right this moment, IT'S A KEEPER!! No more glycerine mixes and S-Curl gunk in my hair, I hate oily drippy wet-ish hair!! I misted this on a Roller set I had done last night...it didn't make my hair frizz or lose curl! :shocked: **Disclaimer!! Notice I said MISTED not SATURATED!!** My hair is soft & supple feeling!! No crispy ends and I need a trim majorly. (I feel like I'm doing a commercial).

As for the Mega-Tek, it's a keeper for me (and my mum) when all other conditioners are used up. I think I may have finally found my preferred product line. :yep:

Tell ya what, if you get them and don't like them, PM me, I'll be HAPPY to take them off your hands!

:lachen: Love the disclaimer...we can all get a bit heavy handed!
Thanks VW!

Bublnbrnsuga said:
Did you enjoy the Curl Junkie, Curls and Jane carter line?

I love the CURLS line- definite staple dang near whole line works well for me

Jane Carter- I only got the Revitalizing leave in conditioner, but I love it..it's the spray I've been searching for cause I wear my hair twisted/out some kinda way ALOT. actually I tried the nourish & shine but won't repurchase, it was ok.

Curl Junkie.... I love the moisture, definition & no frizz I get from her products but, my hair hasn't been wowed w/ these products and I bought alot, they seem to work better on my Mom's hair which is natural 4a too..but looser & finer than mine..I will have to continue to play w/ them

I tried Blended Beauty too..the Happy Nappy Styles & frizz pudding worked well.....but I like CURLS products the most out of all of these they give me great moisture, definition, shine, manageabliity...and the scents are great! Like vanilla & coconut... my favorites.

I have to admit it, I'm a pj at heart. I do it all, seek out product raves, stockpile favorites, try new gadgets. This last month, I have seen a resurgance in my pjism. I even got my hubby to give me a Maxiglide for an anniversary present. Some of my other recent acquisitions have been, QB Alma & Olive Heavy Cream, Fantasia Heat Protecting Serum, Hask Straight Solution, Frizz Ease Serum, BB Oil MOisturizer, Ion Hood Dryer, Queen Helene Jojoba Hot oil, the list goes on and on and on. Then I come on here and find out about more great products that I just have to have. :ohwell:

Pray for me y'all. :look:

Yeah-I'm a PJ but now when I think about it, it doesn't bother me too much. I still save a lot of money by doing my hair myself. I just received my pink solia flat iron :) Can't wait to try it!

HoneyDew said:
ME!!!

Why is this sooooo me !! If it something new that I like and it's on sale or clearence, I'll go to every chain store to make sure I'm not missing out!!

I've had a relapse tooo... hangs head in shame...

I have purchased in the last 2 weeks:

Qhemet sampler kit
Elucence moist and acidifying poo
Elucence Protective balm
KeraCare hydrating poo

In my defense I needed poo, I only have the aveda DR and Nexxus left. The Therappe dries my hair out and I have to use the Aveda Sparingly.

I was doing soo well.... Oh how the mighty have fallen....

Sad!

MV

Well I can't talk about ya cause I've been getting the Blended Beauty stuff and after BlackCardinal did her Druide review I went and bought that stuff too. But my hair is doing really well now so i think I'm done.....for now :look:

yourleoqueen said:

This really cracked me up!:lol: I know how you feel. I discovered Ricky's in NYC that has every hair conditioner/shampoo/reconstructor etc. know to man and I go there often. I don't need any more products!! But every store that I go in, be it Target, Walgreens, CVS, etc. I find myself mysteriously floating down the hair care aisle. If there was a 12-step program for product junkies I would be it it.
:lachen: :lachen: :lachen:

I was doing really good. Then within the past two weeks I've bought:
ION hood dryer
Flat Iron from Wal-Mart (straightens really good!)
Silk Elements Lye relaxer, neutralizing poo, and deep conditioner and the heat spray
Mendex split ends treatment
Aphogee Intensive Keratin Reconstructor
Africa's Best Oil with Ginseng
Roux Porosity Control
Wild growth oil

I also find myself on the hair aisle in Target and Wal-Mart.
I too, do the happy dance when I buy new products...then I start planning what I'm going to do the next time I wash my hair. Did I mention that I'm going back to Sally's this weekend?:lol:

Hi, my name is Miz Jacskon, and I'm a product junkie.

Moments? How about SERIOUS episodes! I am constantly telling myself, "Put your hands up... Step away from the products..." It doesn't happen every day but I just have these periodic episodes and after about a week, they pass. Then I might not have "the fever" again for a few months. Is there a 12-step program that can cure us?

i've never been a pj. i feel like one right now cause someone at church donated a lot of stuff and my mom (being the loving mother that she is) collected most of the hair stuff given away (a box full since she's on this hair journey too). so right now the top of my dresser is packed with shampoos, conditioners, leave-ins, and detanglers. she mostly got stuff from infusion, herbal essences, clairol, and pantene. so it i won't be buying shampoos and the like for at least 6 months (i hope).

I just took pics of my products to add to my fotki. I really did not know I had that much stuff. I need to just stop! I am such a pj. I still have so much stuff I want to try.

Blended Beauty
More of the Carol Daughters line
More Jane Carter.
More KeraCare
Affirm
and Supergirls Mizani Night cream.

That is just sad!!

I need to just stop!! I have enuff shampoo and conditioners to open up my own shop.

Miz Jackson said:
I was doing really good. Then within the past two weeks I've bought:
ION hood dryer
Flat Iron from Wal-Mart (straightens really good!)
Silk Elements Lye relaxer, neutralizing poo, and deep conditioner and the heat spray
Mendex split ends treatment
Aphogee Intensive Keratin Reconstructor
Africa's Best Oil with Ginseng
Roux Porosity Control
Wild growth oil

I also find myself on the hair aisle in Target and Wal-Mart.
I too, do the happy dance when I buy new products...then I start planning what I'm going to do the next time I wash my hair. Did I mention that I'm going back to Sally's this weekend?:lol:

Hi, my name is Miz Jacskon, and I'm a product junkie.

You know it bad when the peole at Sally know you when you walk in the door. I feel like I am missing something if I dont go to Sallys or BSS at least once a week. Sign me up with you Miz Jackson....

HI, My name is Letitia and I am a product junkie!

I was doing real well until I joined the LHCF :lol: . For almost every product out there, someone just loves it. I have have really been trying hard to control the urge whenever I go past Sally's or some other BSS. When I force myself to walk away I swear I get the shakes and break out in a sweat. LOL

Two days ago I went to Target to buy ONE completely un-hair related item and I ended up walking out with:

Hello Hydration - Herbal Essences
Hydra TLC Mask - Sunsilk
Hydra TLC Conditioner - Sunsilk
Moisture Plus Conditioner - Motions

Let me just say that it was well worth it. My hair is like buttah! And I still want to try that Qhemet Heavy Cream stuff that people talking about.

Back