Does anyone dislike Nexxus products!

RUBY

I was wondering how many people don't like Nexxus products. So far I've bought the moisturising shampoo, Humectress and Aloe Rid and I've just recently bought Emergencee but I haven't used it yet. I just used the Aloe Rid and I know my hair would probably have tangled anyway because I just took it out of braids but the aloe rid made my hair and it tangled really badly. It seemed that the more I put on the more dried out and hard and tangled it made my hair. I expected so much more especially as they certainly ain't cheap!

I've tried Therappe, Humectress and Botanoil shampoo. The Humectress did nothing (good or bad) for my hair. The Therappe and the Botanoil had me screaming,"Is this glue?!"
mad.gif

I haven't purchased a Nexus product since the mid 1990's...

I don't like Nexxus products on my hair either.
frown.gif
I bought Ensure, an acidifier, last year. When I finish using it up, I won't buy any more Nexxus products.

Hello Ruby:

I haven't tried all the products, but I have been a long time user of the "Therappe Shampoo", I would consider this product my first choice, I did try the botanical, and I didn't like it, I couldn't move my fingers through the wet hair like I can the therappe.

Hello MirrorMirror:

I was advised by a hair shop owner to try the headress, for when I wear my hair "washNwear", how did you find the product?

Thanks

British

[ QUOTE ]

Hello MirrorMirror:

I was advised by a hair shop owner to try the headress, for when I wear my hair "washNwear", how did you find the product?

[/ QUOTE ]

I bought it Trade Secrets, a beauty supply store. It's a very easy product to find.

[ QUOTE ]
Allandra
what shampoo and conditioners do you use?

[/ QUOTE ]
Click on my name (for my web site). I have everything listed there. HTH.
smile.gif

I don't like Nexxus products either. My stylist uses Therappe shampoo. It makes my hair soft but really dry. I didn't care for the Humectress or the Headdress either.

I recently invested in the Therappe and Humectress...it did nothing for me. I was kinda ticked off since it cost so much. Oh well, I got tow liters of stuff to use and I won't be buying it anymore. Someone did tell me to try the Humectress with heat...so I'll try that later on tonight and see how it works.

I bought the emergencee and it seemed to do zip... however I got it at the drugstore and therewas a thread about salon products purchased at the drugstore being fakes.

I found that the Nexxus line does nothing for me either. I bought the Therappe and Humectress. I recently purchased Keraphix since I heard it is suppose to stop breakage. Although I have only used it once, I still notice breakage. I will try it once more before I form an opinion on this one. Nexxus is too high for it not to work.

melvytx

I only use the Keraphix and the Emergencee regularly. I had a brief love affair with the Botanoil a year or so again and then Lanza stole my affections.
crazy.gif

I used them a long time ago and they didn't really do anything but sit on my hair...I never noticed any difference in my hair. I preferred Redkin over their products.

Well this is a very timely question. After coming out of 6 months braids I relaxed and bought quite a few nexxus products. I remember my hair coming out 10 years ago but I thought it was because I was using it wrong. Well I am experiencing breakage and it's not helping. The emergencee that cost a fortune stopped the breakage for 48hrs that's it. The breakage came back so I did a keraphix still breakage.

So only this morning I was thinking that maybe my hair just does not like nexxus. I do everything right for my hair. I'm gentle with it and do the oils and the moisture of the ends. It's growing. It's been a month since I got my relaxer and I have noticable new growth but my hair is still all over the bathroom floor. Mind you it looks and feels great but it's breaking way more than I'd like.

Since April of this year I have purchased the following Nexxus products:

Keraphix
Emergencee
Vita Tress (for a thinning spot along my hair line)
Headress

Out of all of these I only like the Keraphix. Emergencee is OK enough for me to finish using it, but Keraphix works better for me. I love that stuff! Vita Tress did nothing for my hair line and the headress made my hair tooooo thick,(my hair is already kinda thick) and it made my hair dry and dull!

I remember years ago I tried the Therappe and Humectress which didn't help either (I think they also dried my hair out and didn't detangle well) and later I thought it didn't work because my hair was just so damaged back then, but now I know most Nexxus products just aren't for me. I'll just continue sticking with my KeraCare and Elucence products.

I hate Nexxus too!!! I have the Humectress and was using as a pre condition but my hair started turning hard!!!! I don't like them. I do use the Emergencee though after a relaxer and like it. But I will not be buying anything Nexxus related! Keracare is the BOMB line for me!

The Keraphix, a protein conditioner, makes my hair softer and more moisturized than the Humectress, which leaves it feeling like a clump of sandpaper. I spent too much money on a container of Humectress and I'll never buy it again. I can take or leave the shampoos, too. They're all right but they don't do anything that my $3.99 Motions Lavish Conditioning shampoo can't do!

<font color="brown">I used to use Nexxus products. However, my hair stopped responding to it when I was using the products on a regular basis (about 2 years ago). My hair seemed hard from product buildup after using the Therappe, Humectress, Keraphix combination. I also used the Aloe Rid combo when needed. I never tried the Emergencee.

The one product that I did like was the Botanoil oil. However, I don't don't purchase it anymore because I find the ApHogee EFA oil concentrate to be identical, if not superior, for less money.

AngieK </font>

Back