Does Anyone Believe Steaming Has Made Stretching Easier?

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
or helped you stretch longer? It seems like it would. I've done a couple of boot leg steam treatments and the new growth does seem soft.

I have definetly would agree that streaming has made stretching much better for me. I have had my steamer for two months now and my breakage has reduced greatly. Rinsing out the deep conditioner after steaming has been great, when I am at the seven to ten weeks post relaxer I use to get tangles whenever my hair was wet to the point I would almost dread washing my hair. Now that is not an issue not only on the days I sit under the steamer but for my regular wash days as well. The only change to my regime since I have purchased my steamer is I have given up my henna gloss which would thicken my hair but I just got tired of the red tint and really bad tangles whenever water touched my hair. Well, actually I have changed products I now alterate between Mizani and Nexxus shampoo and conditioners and have given up Patene Relaxed and Natural shampoo and conditioner. Honestly for me the steamer has been a better hair investment than my Pibbs dryer.

Sort of. My last touch up was in February and I will be getting my next one on Thursday. Daily co-washing, leave in conditioner and steaming has helped..I put coconut oil and a leave in conditioner on my hair(which is just regular conditioner) and steam for about 20 minutes once per week..I don't wash it out, I just slap my hair back in a ponytail and go. So I can't say that the steaming alone helped to make stretching easier, but it has helped. I have not had any breakage at all and I don't even look like I'm 5 months post.The steaming did loosen the curl pattern of my new growth though.

Back