Does anyone always touch one part of their hair ALOT...

Myjourney2009

Ready to be APL
I have this section on the crown of my head that is ummmm... a little difficult to describe.

I know its 4b HOWEVER it does not do anything, no curl, no wave, no zig- zag, no N**, no nothing. :look:. It just sits there looking and feeling bugged out. It is a completley different texture than the rest of my head. Now that I think about it it is 4b with low density. The section is about 1 inch parallel to my ears and then it extends to my nape maybe about 1 inch and then progressively gets kinkier. Sometimes I wish I did not go back to relaxing because trying to get a uniform texlaxed texture feels like it is going to take me forever. When I relax I have to make sure I dont smooth this area alot or it will get bone straight in no time flat.

My hands are always on it because it feels sooooooo goooooood to tug on it just a little bit. So what dont judge me.

Once I M&S I take my scarf off no less than 3-4x after to just feel that hair.:spinning:

Last edited:
i do but it's the left part of my nape....i dont know why but i like touch it alot especially if i can add hair to it and twirl it...

I have to touch the front part of my hair as well. I twist my fingers through it and pull it to my face trying to get some bangs because I have this part down the middle of my head. You are not alone lol

The left side of my hair since I part my hair to the right. I'm always fixing it and trying to get volume, it's just ridiculous. I'm hoping that when I go get a touch up, I'll give into the urge I've been having of cutting my hair into a certain style so I'll give up this side part/bang crap. People always assume I'm vain because my hands are always in my hair when really I honestly just like my hair but want it to stay in front of my face and have a nice amount of volume. I think if I cut long Chinese-style bangs with a lot of face framing layers to compliment my features that I'll stop molesting my hair all together. :look:

I do this alot and have for a few tears! This is a really bad habit! I love the way it feels but now this area is so badly broken off from me doing this! I'm really trying to stop this habit! I do this on the left side behnd my ear and an 1.5 from my nape! I am now in the process trying to grow this area back! If u ladies r experiencing this or have experience this, how did u stop ur hair from breaking or how do u keep ur hair from breaking in that area? I have 4A hair with low density and fine strands if that helps.

I touch the nape and the edges of my hairline where my curls are. I'm 8months post now and the lil curls fascinate me, so I constantly twirl them to see them shrivel up:look: I can't help I like them:lick:

Yep I touch the back of my hair alot- I always feel the most new growth there and I just can't keep my hands out of it.

I do this alot and have for a few tears! This is a really bad habit! I love the way it feels but now this area is so badly broken off from me doing this! I'm really trying to stop this habit! I do this on the left side behnd my ear and an 1.5 from my nape! I am now in the process trying to grow this area back! If u ladies r experiencing this or have experience this, how did u stop ur hair from breaking or how do u keep ur hair from breaking in that area? I have 4A hair with low density and fine strands if that helps.

this sounds like me!!!

I touch my new growth constantly. Even when my hair is braided. Once the braids get a little loose I kind of lift them a little with my fingers to feel the new growth underneath. I am just short of six months post and I haven't had this much natural hair on my head in over 20 years. My hands just can't get enough of the the texture which is so different from my straight permed hair. I love the thick springyness (is that a word?) of my new growth. Thankfully I have been wearing wigs more so I can't touch my hair until I get home.

I play with the twists at the nape of my neck. I need to stop because I was measuring my hair yesterday and those twists are between 1 to 1.5 inches shoter than the rest of my hair ...

I like to twirl a section of hair on either side of my head. I did this as a child when my mom would style my hair in plaits or curls.

I play with my curly bangs constantly. They are my favorite section of hair cause no matter how much I play with them they never get frizzy. The rest of my hair is a frizz ball.

I completely understand!! I have the same addiction. I get worried because I wonder if it will hinder my growth because I keep playing in it.

I have this small section near my hairline that my hand is constantly messing with. If I'm bored or just stressed my hand goes straight to the spot. At home I have to put my scarf on to keep my hand out and even with that on I'll run the pads of my fingers over the section. :look:

I have one really pretty curl in the back of my head that I'm always touching. There's also a clump of them on the right side of my head that I molest as well.

It's ridiculous. I have to consciously make myself not touch my hair.

Had this same problem and weird texture thing going on too. The only thing that really helped it grow back was wearing it straight because all the hair was the same texture and I wasnt hell bent on touching it,if i wore it curly that weird section of hair stuck out like a sore thumb :lol:

I mess with my bangs a lot. I'm on a low-heat regimen .. except for my bangs :look:

I style them daily. So there's a lot of manipulation. I trim them to cheek/ear length often but they're still kinda thin. i don't mind because it's such a small area of my head. The rest of my hair is fine.

I "twiddle" my hair at the side nape meaning I twirl it around my fingers its a habit and I will do it while im just sitting, reading, driving, online etc lol.I know its not a good thing because I do this more frequently on one side when I straightened my hair it is raggety looking on that side. So Im trying to break the habit for my progress sake. eta. and yes my texture in that area is different it curls very tightly and tends to get ssk's

my edges and crown alwayssss, I play with my edges but im always touching my crown and I need to stop before my hair starts breaking :/

Back