Does anybody use Mane & Tail Products?

LongCurlyLocks

I was in the BSS yesterday and ran across good old Mane and Tail. I had considered getting the shampoo and conditioner to use while using MT. They even had an olive oil formula and an Deep Cleaning shampoo. If I get any, I'd get that shampoo and the regular conditioner. I haven't used Mane and Tail in years-so long I forgot what my results were. And at that time I was still relaxing so it would be different now that I'm natural.

Do you think this would be a good idea with the MT?

Oh wow I remember using that back in the 90's. I just assumed the formula was different and stopped using it.

I have some condish sitting in my closet right now. I remember all the hype back then. I think I'm gonna try steaming with it and see how it feels on my hair.

I used to use it on my texturize/texlax hair growing up. I haven't tried it on my natural hair. The only thing I tried was the detangler and I was not impressed, I took it back to Sally's.

I have natural hair that is very dry.The Mane and tail shampoo makes it worse.I have not used the conditioner though.

I've only used the conditioner. I like it and will keep it around even when I have depleted my excesive stash of conditioners. It can be used as a leave-in also. It is a light protein and moisture product combined.

I use the original conditioner and the detangler on my hair every week. these are both staples in my regimen.

OT: op, i've never seen anyone take an APL shot like the one you have in your avatar! very unique i must say...:yep:

I use the original conditioner and the detangler on my hair every week. these are both staples in my regimen.

OT: op, i've never seen anyone take an APL shot like the one you have in your avatar! very unique i must say...:yep:

:lachen:OP she is being nice, your avatar looks kinda crazy, you're gonna get deodorant in your hair, chile, use the other picture. :lachen:

I used it up until last month. I always did my co-washes with it and would leave some of the conditioner in my hair. I don't use it because I am trying to incorporate all natural products.

the Original conditioner is always in my rotation. When I first went natural its the only thing that i could use to manage my hair. I've never used the shampoo. I used the deep moisturizing shampoo and my hair hated me for that but never used the deep moisturizing condish

I use the conditioner as a pretreatment before my shampoo. It seems to strengthen my hair but it's also moisturizing and I love it. I ran out of the big bottle and bought some more.

Also -- as a side note, my friend with long hair said her stylist made her stop using it because she wanted to keep her hair blunt cut and it was growing to fast with Mane & Tail!

After she told me that I was in heaven! I haven't looked back since.

I do get build up from it if I use it as just a conditioner, which is why it's my prepoo. I prepoo, shampoo and then condition (this part using my Redken smooth down). I deep condition with Keracare Humecto or a protein conditioner followed by a moisturizing conditioner.

You guys are making me want to wash my hair.

I use the conditioner as a prepoo mixed with my castor oil. I've had much less breakage since adding this to my regimen. :grin:

Well op..... if you're thinking about trying it you should hurry over too Walgreens b/c it's on sale 2/$6.99. You can get a shampoo and the conditioner or two cons, however you decide to do it

has anyone here used the "deep conditioner"? or is it pretty much the same thing. all i know is it's blue inside. i just bought it last week, but haven't used it yet. so anyone recommending the M&T deep conditioner?

:grin:I use the deep conditoner while using mt,not a problem so far ,i really like it makes my hair very soft and moisturized,by the way the small is delish,keeper in my book.

I think I'm just going to use the conditioner. Now that I remember, the shampoo did make my hair kinda rough, but like I said, it was permed then...

And y'all wrong about the comment about deoderant being in my hair..I had just washed my pit thank you very much!!:rolleyes:

LOL!! Off to get the conditioner...

^ Y'all so crazy! LOL well if that aint APL I dont know what is. :lachen:

I was using the whole line at the beginning and i replaced them almost one by one with other detangler, poo, and conditioner that I liked better. [I agree that the detangler just didn't cut it] I still love the soy and carrot oil cremes though I haven't purchased in a while.

I purchased this on a whelm about 6 months ago.

I have very sensitive skin and scalp. I cannot use sulfur products so I don't use MT, but I will tell you of my experience. I only have the conditioner and it is like puttin a coat on your hair, it doesn't weight your hair down. It cause me a serious dry scalp condition. So I do not use it in my rotation. The only reason I keep it is because if I go swimming I put this on my hair, it is excellent at nullifying the effects of pool water. Chlorine.

Back