Does ANYBODY shop "on the ground" anymore?

I don't buy hair products enough to do it online. I buy a huge bottle of shampoo, conditioner (3 different ones), leave in and I'm good for a year, LOL! However, these products were bought in a local store/boutique. I MUST LOVE WHATEVER I PUT IN MY HAIR!!! LOL!!!

Lucie
lol..me too i have 1 tub of conditioner, 2 small diff ones, 2 liters of my fav leave in & 1 big bottle of shampoo.

I used to be addicted to online product shopping, but first the shipping started pissing me off, then the product prices started pissing me off, and then I was broke :lachen:. Once I got off online natural hair products, I realized that they weren't worth the hype. I went to natural product lines like Giovanni and Aubrey Organics, and saw I could get high quality, natural products that can be found on the ground and online at like half or a third of natural hair line prices :rolleyes:.

Unless you have a insanely finicky head of hair, just feel like splurging, or just want to satisfy your curiosity, I don't think online vendors are worth the time or money :look: . There are so many good products on the ground now too. The only way I bother shopping online is when the cost of an item plus shipping is a several dollars less than buying it in store.

I used to be addicted to online product shopping, but first the shipping started pissing me off, then the product prices started pissing me off, and then I was broke :lachen:. Once I got off online natural hair products, I realized that they weren't worth the hype. I went to natural product lines like Giovanni and Aubrey Organics, and saw I could get high quality, natural products that can be found on the ground and online at like half or a third of natural hair line prices :rolleyes:.

Unless you have a insanely finicky head of hair, just feel like splurging, or just want to satisfy your curiosity, I don't think online vendors are worth the time or money :look: . There are so many good products on the ground now too. The only way I bother shopping online is when the cost of an item plus shipping is a several dollars less than buying it in store.

^^^:dighole:

^^ This is me :yep:. I know I probably don't HAVE to shop online to find good products. I just like the offerings online. The pretty packaging, the vast selection, 'unique' offerings..I even enjoy the anticipation of getting my items sometimes. Opening those packages feels like Christmas all year round :lol:. I am trying to find some on the ground alternatives though.

Two of my favorite products are sold on the ground: Nutress and V05. So if I am just broke, I can go and grab them anywhere and still have healthy hair. I think for most online shopping is a luxury, and for a small percentage it's a must since their bodies seem opposed to everything non-natural.

I do both. There are some products that are staples that I can only buy online and then some that I can purchase on the ground. I prefer online it's more convenient. Sometimes finding what I like on ground is like trying to find a needle in a haystack

Last edited:
Slightly unrelated but I just went over to etsy and there are so, so many vendors I hadn't heard about... I just closed the page on the first page lol. I feel almost bad for people who are just now coming out with lines/only came out in the last year... It feels like they are going to get lost in the shuffle until someone on LHCF mentions them lol.

Back