Does anybody here actually like buns?

definitely think they are classy looking. when i feel my hair is long enough for a really big one i will start bunning every day.

I need to get more creative with my buns. I wear the basic ones. Time to start searching through fotki to fine prettier ones. I bun or wear a baggie ponytail 24/7. It's relatively easy to wear in the winter time but in the warmer months I start getting bored with buns/baggies ponytails but I stick with em because they work in terms to growing and retaining length:grin: So buns/baggied ponytails it will be:yep:

Rarely do I wear any other style. Classic, yes. Most of my friends and family hate that I wear my hair bunned all of the time. My friend is getting married this Spring and she told me not to come if I have my hair in a bun! My son's basketball season starts at the end of this month and he already told me I have to wear my hair down for his first game because this is his senior year and none of his friends have seen the real me :perplexed Not sure how I will live up to their requests, maybe I will find another cute bun style and just have them make do.:grin:

I love buns. I've always wanted to have hair long enough to bun. Nothing fancy with pins or anything just pulled back works for me. I think they are simple, classic, and beautiful. I prefer to wear my hair pulled up. Even if I have braids that are long I still bun them. Will always bun and its even better bc it protects my ends. I generally only wear my hair down for special occasions and a day or two after a fresh relaxer. I' m stretching right now so bunning is easy but not that pretty.

I love buns, and I can't wait till I can do one again. I'm anxiously waiting. It may be another year before I can do a decent one

*cries*

Since I've been wearing them a lot recently, I'm liking them more.
I used to hateeeee buns though.

I love buns. I've been wearing them for 17 years. I don't think it's the best look for me but who has time to get dolled up everyday. My coworker and one other person has told me I look like a witch with that tight bun.

:thud: I did not expect to read that!

no they didnt! geesh!

I hear you on who has time to get dolled up everyday , who even wants to? lol

I like some of them, they can be pretty. But I don't think they are the best option for my hair. Not really protective, because my hair can still tangle.

I used to love my buns, but now I am getting sooooooooo sick of them. I feel that I have done every bun style known to man that is possible on my curly hair. I have done wet buns, dry buns, damp buns...I have decorated them with barrettes, scrunchies and jewelry...I have used every type of hair pin known to man to keep them in place...I am sicka buns!!!!!!!!!!

But I'll keep wearing them!!!

I love buns. It's a simple hair style that's easy to do. I finally got the hang of doing a "big" bun and my hair is no wear near long.:grin:

I love buns and look forward to the day that I can do different varieties of them. They're a classic look to me. You can dress them up or dress them down, and they're quick--a definite plus for my busy schedule.

I like them. They are quick and easy and help me to retain length. So just for the last point alone, I like them:yep:

Yes I lilke buns-I don't like hair in my face at all so bunning is great. I like the different methods for bunning on LHCF so it makes my buns vary too

I can never get them to look right on my head, especially not high ones :nono:. Maybe they'll look better when my hair gets a bit longer, but as of right now I don't really care for how they look, I just wear them because I don't like my ends exposed all the time. Sometimes I look at the ladies that have awesome bun pics and I'm like "Wow, how can I get my hair to look like that" :rolleyes:.

I absolutely love buns. I love them. The only reason I don't wear them visibly more (I cover it with a halfwig) is b/c I like hair in my face lol. A bun is very classy and sophisticated. I love to see girls with them. IDK if there is a more refined look. Says the ballerina :spinning:

:thud: I did not expect to read that!

no they didnt! geesh!

I hear you on who has time to get dolled up everyday , who even wants to? lol

It's funny that you say that because I always feel dolled up with a bun. I feel like my hair is actually done because it's smooth and sleek and slicked back. It makes me feel more polished as opposed to a wash and go or ponytail or something.

I love buns too. I think it looks really classy, and simple. I'm always surprised when I see someone downing it.

I actually like my hair in a bun....it's my current quick 'go to' style if I don't have time to do any other style.

I can never get them to look right on my head, especially not high ones :nono:. Maybe they'll look better when my hair gets a bit longer, but as of right now I don't really care for how they look, I just wear them because I don't like my ends exposed all the time. Sometimes I look at the ladies that have awesome bun pics and I'm like "Wow, how can I get my hair to look like that" :rolleyes:.

I feel the same way.

I feel like my hair is still too short for the really cute buns. Oh well, I'll just keep bunning until I get there...

I know many of us wear buns as a protective style but not necessarily a style of choice.It's actually one of my favorite styles to wear. It's easy, it's cool (especially when it's hot outside), I can do it on wet hair right after washing, and I like that it's up and out of my face. I don't have to do anything to it. SO hates it but he'll get over it. Anybody else like buns?

I love buns too! I wear them everyday. My husband doesn't like it either and I said the same (he'll get over it). I wear my hair down on occassions and that's it. Bunning keeps my hair healthy and that's what REALLY matters.

I loooove bunning! It's easy, fast, keeps my hair out of my face and there are so many styles to do while keeping my ends moist and protected

Wet bunning is the best thing since sliced bread :pulpdance:

I am having problems with the wet bun. I do the ayurverdic tea rinses and would like to wet bun but it always looks messed up.:nono:

I love the way a nice big bun looks, and it does look so classy and you can do them high or low and they still look cute.

Back