Does anybody grease their scalp?

laydeyjay29

I have always had a problem finding grease that doesn't weigh my hair down. I have been using jojoba oil and it doesn't weigh my hair down but it only lasts for a few days. My hair will not dry out but my scalp will flake up. I have used pink oil moisturizer, softee grease and oil sheens. None of these products kept my scalp greased for the whole week.

What do you all use for this problem?

I do!:grin:

Recently I've been using:

Christine Gant's Mixed Greens
Claudie's Temple Balm Revitalizer
and I just purchased: Njoi Creations Herbal Hairdressing

i use sulfur 8 mixed with peppermint oil...its my first time EVER greasing my scalp. i don't do if for any reason other than the sulfur that's in the sulfur 8 and growth (if i'll it any) i don't necessarily care for it...i cowash often (like a lot! lol) so i guess it's cool...

I don't grease my own scalp but I do grease my daughter's. I like to see a shiny scalp when she has braids or ponytails. I use Darcy's Botanicals Coconut Cupuacu Butter Natural Hair Pomade. Her scalp/hair is shiny and moist for days.

I don't "grease" my scalp because I'm to heavy handed. However I do put WGO on my scalp every morning. I put some on my finger tips and massage it in.

I use jamaican black castor oil pomade on my scalp every night. A little goes a long way. I just finished the 4 oz container I purchased in January.

I use Isoplus Natural Remedies Tea Tree and Aloe Conditioner and my stylist used to use Design Essentials Herbal Complex after my touchups. It didn't weigh my hair down. I think the Kera Care one was good too but I forgot the name of it. Makes your scalp tingly...I should probably buy some more.

I "oil" my scalp more so than "grease" it.
I say that because I don't want to give anyone a false impression of what I do.
If it won't pour into my hand then I don't apply it to my scalp. I use mostly coconut or jojoba oil and add castor oil to it for growth...

I oiled my daughters hair with olive oil. I used a dropper. She was like, momma thank you.:lovedrool: She went to bed right after.

In another thread, a user mentioned that she got a lot of shedding when she stopped greasing her scalp. I've had a lot of shedding for a while, so I just started greasing my scalp with the Growth Specifics Revitalizing Hair Balm.

I do from time to time. Dudley's was good, got it from the salon b/c it was a light grease. Now I have a castor oil grease from CVS that works well. And my friends w/ the longest hair and healthiest hair still do. Some use Always grease.

I find JBCO works for that . I have this same problem too and I've never had a grease work the way I need it to for my scalp. If you haven't already try some Black Castor Oil.

Does the castor oil weigh your hair down?

I have a bottle of regular castor oil that I use to seal my moisture in at night, but the pomade is an actual grease-like substance that has black castor oil as a first ingredient. I oil my scalp lightly every night, but I also cowash and bun every morning, so my hair is never down. When I do straighten my hair, the only product I put on it is coconut oil, so I don't use the pomade when my hair is straight and could be weighed down.

I grease my scalp maybe twice a week with Liv by Summit in between my Bee Mine applications. Doesn't weigh my hair down or leave behind build up :yep:

I grease my scalp sometimes when I am not bunning. I just use sulfur 8 or blue magic. I don't grease my scalp everyday because it would just cause too much build up. I do it like three times a week or every other day.

Back