Does any1 use a 2-1 poo & conditioner product?

texasqt

I can't remember where I read it but you shouldn't use a 2-1 product like a 2-and-1 shampoo + conditioner and I can't remember why you shouldn't.

Does anyone use a shampoo + conditioner combo product? If so, what do you use and why/what do you believe are the benefits?

If you don't use any, why? Do you remember why its recommended not to?

If I remember correctly it causes major build up resulting in other products used not being as effective..(i.e dc,moisturizers etc.)

I read it in the Cathy Howse book and it's because the condtioner will be doing the condtioning not allowing the shampoo to thouroughly clean your hair. I will look for the exerpt later but right now it's the fourth and I am gonna go have some fun!!

I think it was SistaSlick who said that they're a big no-no because it simultaneously strips the crap outta your hair while coating with cones and stuff. Making it FEEL like your hair's moisturized and soft, when it really isn't

I read in cathy howse book and i believe it was saying the shampoo doesnt really clean, and the conditoner doesnt really condition....

But if i were looking for a 2n1 shampoo/conditoner product i would just use cream of nature shampoo or something.

I've been using HE Hello Hydration 2-1 and I like it so far. I don't like stripping poos, so I figured a 2-1 would be cool. I clarify once a month, so I'm not worried about build-up.

I reread the section in Cathy Howse's book and that makes sense but I was thinking about using it as my after-workout wash instead of conditioner washing which means I'll be bunning afterwards. I think in regards to build up, conidtioner washes pretty much have the same risk and yields a need to clarify more often too. I'm looking at specifically using one of the Pantene brands, maybe :perplexed

Is there any other risk other than buildup? I may have to experiment for myself to see how it compares to regular co-washing.

Back