Do your products smooth in your hair?

• Thread starter Thread starter Bublnbrnsuga
  • Start date Start date
B

Bublnbrnsuga

I have been having problems with just about any product these days. They just tend to sit on my hair. I have to go through a rigorous routine in smoothing, brushing, smoothing and more brushing. I even rub the products in my hand before placing them in my hair.

Bublnbrnsuga said:
I have been having problems with just about any product these days. They just tend to sit on my hair. I have to go through a rigorous routine in smoothing, brushing, smoothing and more brushing. I even rub the products in my hand before placing them in my hair.
I guess it depends on the products you use...I don't enjoy hairdresses with mineral oil becasue they just sit there on my head.

You are natural, right? If you were relaxed I might say it's because your cuticles are rough (wide open) which I think is more likely if you are relaxed. But I think that can happen in natural hair also.

Clarifying may help, or just a different product? The Hollywood Olive oil creme at first just seems to sit on my hair, does not absorb. But after I put my hair up for a while or sleep with it in, my hair is moisturized and soft. I came to realize that I was used to the way my Humectress absorbed, or Salerm21. Those are way thinner than that thick headress...

Anyway, those are my thoughts, hth.:)

I agree with clarifying, normally when product is not acting right on my hair it is from buildup.

I clarify quite often and I try to use products a close to natural as possible.

No it doesn't smooth in and I'm always in awe when I read people using things like NTM's leave in daily. Or QP's Mano butter. All those things leave a white film on my hair.

I like to use a lil water...
that really helps to get to "smooth" into my hair :)
(both water & oil based products)

Back