Do you use Semi or Demi to color your hair

KhandiB

If so, what do you think the difference is?

Back when I used to use Semi's I always used Wella Presentation - it was so much better than the other rinses because it wouldnt discolor your fingernails or your collars if you decided to wear your hair out..

They discontinued the Presentation in the Brown Box.. I went light for a minute and decided that I was gonna dye my hair back black so I could get phony pony's that matched my hair (cuz I had like 50-11 colors in my hair at one time )

Yesterday I found that Wella has a Demi called Color Charm, that worked Great.. I wonder though, if you have used a Demi does it stain as much as the Semi rinses..

TIA!!!!

:D

I use this product as well...for the same reasons...I was told that it is not a difference in the product. To me they both work the same.

I was told the difference in a demi color and a semi color is how long they last. Semi's last 6-8 washes while demi's last about 28 washes. The best demi color I've used without damage is Clairol Natural Instincts. Its safe to use on relaxed hair and the color really does last.

If you decide to use this color you may need more than one box.

I used to work at Sally's and it was around the time that presentations got discontinued. I was told that presentations was " long lasting semi permenant" and behaved more like a demi.Most semi permanents wash out in about 5 washes. Presentations used to last me until I cut it out. The color charm line was the direct replacement for presentations. I was told told by the representative that it was basically the same but they updated and added to the line. By the way beware of any BSS that still sell presentations. I still see it on the shelf at different places and it was disontinued several years ago.

I always need 2 boxes, last time I used one box of color I ended up with streaks by mistake

:lol:

simplycee said:
I was told the difference in a demi color and a semi color is how long they last. Semi's last 6-8 washes while demi's last about 28 washes. The best demi color I've used without damage is Clairol Natural Instincts. Its safe to use on relaxed hair and the color really does last.

If you decide to use this color you may need more than one box.

Yeah the BSS I went to yesterday still sold the Presentations but didnt have the activator :lol:

I knew it had been a few years, thats why I was suspicious :lol:

jaiku said:
I used to work at Sally's and it was around the time that presentations got discontinued. I was told that presentations was " long lasting semi permenant" and behaved more like a demi.Most semi permanents wash out in about 5 washes. Presentations used to last me until I cut it out. The color charm line was the direct replacement for presentations. I was told told by the representative that it was basically the same but they updated and added to the line. By the way beware of any BSS that still sell presentations. I still see it on the shelf at different places and it was disontinued several years ago.

Back