Do You Use Mositurizing Conditioner After A Reconstructor Conditoner?

star

I believe reconstructor conditioners are protein based not really consider a heavy protien but maybe meduim protein. So I think moisturizing my hair after it would best. What are you thoughts? Thanks :)

I think it's best to use a moisturizing conditioner after a protein or reconstructive conditioner. After my protein conditioner (Keraphix), I will always use a moisturizing conditioner (either Humectress or NTM-DDC). If I'm pressed for time I will mix the protein & moisturizing conditioners together & then apply.

I don't *hiding behind couch.* Please do not follow my advice. I use very light protein conditioners each week and they usually have a balance of protein and moisture. I don't follow my collagen conditioners with a moisturizer. I guess it works for me because I do not use strong protein cos. I do love protein pretreatments (mayo) and follow them with a moisturizing conditioner.

I always follow up with a moisturizing conditioner after reconstructor and protein treatments.

anky said:
I don't *hiding behind couch.* Please do not follow my advice. I use very light protein conditioners each week and they usually have a balance of protein and moisture. I don't follow my collagen conditioners with a moisturizer. I guess it works for me because I do not use strong protein cos. I do love protein pretreatments (mayo) and follow them with a moisturizing conditioner.

ANKY! Your hair is growing quite nicely! You look good girl! Keep up the good work!

Cowgirl said:
I think it's best to use a moisturizing conditioner after a protein or reconstructive conditioner. After my protein conditioner (Keraphix), I will always use a moisturizing conditioner (either Humectress or NTM-DDC). If I'm pressed for time I will mix the protein & moisturizing conditioners together & then apply.
Thanks for info. During your conditioning do you ever apply a warm damp cloth over your plastic cap while under the dryer for more moisture? I heard this help moisturize even more. :look:

anky said:
I do understand what you are saying thats why I asked quesiton because some reconstructors due have mositurizing properties too. Some of the products out are confusing as it relates to ingredients. That's why I always try to find out what others are doing. :look:

I use them together. I mix either Humectress with Keraphix or PM SuperCharged Moisturizer with Keraphix and deep condition for 20 minutes.

imo, i think it best to use a moisturizing conditioner after any treatment. leave same in ur hair for at least 5 mins with plastic cap (no heat nec).

Yes. I have yet to run into a reconstructor that doesn't say to use a moisturizing conditioner after. My fav is Kenra MC.

The only one that I don't use a moisturizing treatment after is Dumb Blonde Reconstructor (light protein) It's so moisturizing.

I always follow up with 5 mins moisturizing after light or heavy protein treatment either Humectress, NTM, DDC or Humecto

michelle3147 said:
Yes. I have yet to run into a reconstructor that doesn't say to use a moisturizing conditioner after. My fav is Kenra MC.
Yeah, some reconstructors a very creamy with oil in but never know how much. Sebastian 2+1 reconstructor does not tell you to use anything after it. Some believe it has moisturizing already mix in it that's why they call it 2+1 but I wish the would tell folk info on the label in plain english. :look:

candibaby said:
I use them together. I mix either Humectress with Keraphix or PM SuperCharged Moisturizer with Keraphix and deep condition for 20 minutes.
Do you ever put a warm damp cloth over your plastic cap and sit under a dryer? I heard this helps even more. And, how do you mix in your hair half and half or more one than other? :lol:

Back