Do You Use AnY "Caucasian" hair products

I noticed the products
that are usually advertised for "Caucasian" hair
have better ingredients than ..eh the "ethnic" products.
I use a variety.
Regardless who its market to,
I use whatever, I try not to stay boxed
in...

i think everybody on this board uses products that aren't targeted for black women.

i was just about to say this:look:

in almost any thread about products...most of the posters are using 'white marketed' products..or atleast a mixture of those & ethnic.
me included. about 90% of my stash is

i think everybody on this board uses products that aren't targeted for black women.

I agree. Most products I see people mentioning are marketed to white women. 90% of the products I use are marketed toward white women which is great because they are easy to find. When I lived further from the city it was hard to find "black hair care" products. If I found some they would be covered in dust at the end of the aisle. Now that I'm close to the city and there's a whole aisle of it, I just turn my back and look for the Pantene, Herbal Essences, and Garnier Fructis.

I use Giovanni, Kenra, Redken, Beyond the Zone, and Herbal Esssences to name a few.
But I also use Elasta ORS, and Mizani.

I use what my hair likes. It doesn't discriminate between "white" and "black" products.:yep:

I never really thought about it, but most of my products are not geared toward BW. Just Silk Elements, IC and ORS. Most have already been listed and then there are my homemade mixtures of oils, aloe, honey and etc.

If i used the old black products i wouldnt have any hair

Im trying to think of any "black" products i have....

....Braid Spary & Hair sheen(which i dont rly use). Oh and this Nexxus stuff.

Now if your talking about natural hair products or hair products for kinky/curly hair then thats another story

Where have you been OP?

"Caucasian" products are rampant on LHCF. Along with Indian, Dominican, and food products too...

You name it, somebody uses it.

I think as a race we need to be careful about "reverse" product discrimination. Recently there has been a thread about the "ethnic" section at Walgreens, CVS, et al, and we need to not limit our thinking to products that are placed within that section. We object to some products being segregated FOR us, but when we think of "Caucasian" products we are indicating those products are segregated FROM us: like we are crossing some invisible barrier if we use Nexxus, Garnier, or other products that aren't in our 10 foot section of the hair care aisle. As for me, I use products that work for me. Because I rarely watch television that has commercials, or read magazine advertisements I usually don't know what products are using AA models - either exclusively or featuring a model as a token. My decisions are based on the ingredients in the container, or recommendations on this site. I have found a couple of "hair twins" and I am more likely to try something about which they have raved than I am to just go to the "ethnic" section.

Where have you been OP?

"Caucasian" products are rampant on LHCF. Along with Indian, Dominican, and food products too...

You name it, somebody uses it.

And that's the truth. We don't discriminate.

Well, I discriminate against anything placed in the "ethnic" aisle...and non-natural products...but that's it.

I have an AFrican American friend with gorgous all natural hair that is in the middle of her back. When I asked her what products she used, I was shocked when I heard that she used GArnier Fructis.

Knowing that most black girls are very particular about the products they use and usually use what products are target marketed for our types of hair, I was wondering what other "caucasian" or "White girl" hair products you may use and if it works.

Maybe this list will show that we shouldn't be so picky about shampoo's and going straight for the "black girl" aisle.

I know alot of my caucasian friends use all types of hair products whether or not its targeted.

Targeted and marketed equals one thing to me Overpriced! and usually overhyped. I haven't read responses yet, but i'm sure the ladies here agree we are color blind when it comes to products.

I think as a race we need to be careful about "reverse" product discrimination. Recently there has been a thread about the "ethnic" section at Walgreens, CVS, et al, and we need to not limit our thinking to products that are placed within that section. We object to some products being segregated FOR us, but when we think of "Caucasian" products we are indicating those products are segregated FROM us: like we are crossing some invisible barrier if we use Nexxus, Garnier, or other products that aren't in our 10 foot section of the hair care aisle. As for me, I use products that work for me. Because I rarely watch television that has commercials, or read magazine advertisements I usually don't know what products are using AA models - either exclusively or featuring a model as a token. My decisions are based on the ingredients in the container, or recommendations on this site. I have found a couple of "hair twins" and I am more likely to try something about which they have raved than I am to just go to the "ethnic" section.

We don't even have an 'ethnic' section in our stores over here. You need to go to specific BSS for those products. :perplexed

I use any products that I like and are designed for dry or damaged hair (they are the most moisturizing). I don't think I use any at the moment that are marketed towards Black hair.

If it works I will use it...I generally don't like the way AA products are marketed so I stay away from Soft Sheen Carson, Dr. Miracles, Motions etc....but who is truly to say that V05, White Rain (my fave!) is not for us?

Softee coconut grease is a staple i will never give up! It's all about how you use it, I know enough to never let the stuff touch my scalp but I can't deny what it does for my napps!

Other than ORS PAK and their twist gel and IC fantasia, I do not use hair products specifically marketed at black people

I regularly use Sea Kelp Smoothing Shampoo and Conditioner by Freeman, I love it. I use it most frequent and with my ayurvedic powders.

I think as a race we need to be careful about "reverse" product discrimination

I agree 100 percent. Actually, when I read the title of this thread, the first question that came to my mind was "What's a caucasian hair product?" :ohwell: I classify products by hair type and not by racial ethnicity.

I use Garnier and Herbal Essences..... Mazani is made by L'oreal, I think Affirm is made by Garnier,and Aphogee is not just an afican american product

The only things I use that are in the "ethnic" isle are ORS Relaxers,ORS Aloe Shampoo and Motions Moisture Plus Conditioner

I use V05, Tresemme, Aussie, Herbal Essensces , Garnier, ABBA, Pantene, LOL .. All Drug Store Available

I use Swarzkopft (Gliss) Shampoo which is very moisurizing as it contains various oils & also Herbal Essences "Hello Hydration" Conditioner (a regular favourite on here).

Last edited:
Off the top of my head the only product I use marketed for black hair (not even sure it is) is Aphogee? Oh and my AtOne wrap foam. I just look out for great ingredients, I mean I love loreal colour but a lot of their shampoos and conditioners:nono: so for me its more about the ingredients

Most of my products are Caucasian, I have a few Dominican products also...I'd say the only "ethnic"product I use is my ORS Lye Relaxer.

Girl, not only do I use "Caucasian" hair products, but I even cross the line to go to products made for horses! :lachen: I love my mega tek and avocado mist! When it comes to the health of my hair...I do not discriminate.

The only "African-American" products I use are Parnevu T-Tree Growth Creme, Hawaiiam Silky relaxer and LeKair Cholesterol for DC'ing.

Back