Do you use a chelating shampoo during the relaxing process? If so, when?

SleepyJean

Did not feel like working with that faulty search engine today. I just want to know do you use a chelating shampoo during the relaxing process? If so, when? Is it after, before, between?

The only time I've ever used Chelating Shampoo was when I was using Vitale Sensitive Scalp relaxers. This is the shampoo that was included in the kit. I used this after rinsing out the relaxer. I plan to buy some of this poo since I've heard good things about Chelating on this site.:yep:

Just did this last night.

After relaxer has been neutralized with neutralizing poo, then proceed to use the chelating poo. I used Kenra. Very happy with the results.

I had a lot of product build up. I don't know if I would need to do this after every Chemical unless my hair required it.

Hope this was helpful

RZ~

I missed this thread!

I do use a chelating after touchups, too. I have to.

I was noticing that was hair was kinda feeling odd on the days between my relaxer and next wash. I always using my chelating shampoo on wash days but I was not using it on relaxer day.

So I started using a chelator and I can tell a difference. I really like those Crystal Clarifying packs from Sally Beauty on relaxer day. They are sulfate free and I feel that my hair does not need anything stripping on relaxer day. if I don't have any of those (I think the cost can be too much for what you get), I will use my tried and true Kenra Chelating shampoo and it does the job.

I missed this thread!

I do use a chelating after touchups, too. I have to.

I was noticing that was hair was kinda feeling odd on the days between my relaxer and next wash. I always using my chelating shampoo on wash days but I was not using it on relaxer day.

So I started using a chelator and I can tell a difference. I really like those Crystal Clarifying packs from Sally Beauty on relaxer day. They are sulfate free and I feel that my hair does not need anything stripping on relaxer day. if I don't have any of those (I think the cost can be too much for what you get), I will use my tried and true Kenra Chelating shampoo and it does the job.

Hi Honewdew! :hi:

What is a chelator? Is it the same thing as a chelating shampoo? I may have to make another trip to Sallys.

Back