Do You Think This Dress Is Ugly?

It's nice, but not nice at the same tiem :lol: I cant explain lol. The bottom is OTT to me, but I love the shape of the top.

jdvzmommy

since there aren't many dress threads here, I'm posting some I've saved over the last year.
This is my dress.
EM_E4.jpg

EM_E3.jpg

I loved these 2 on me as well
e17-1.jpg

AR_PIERO.jpg

piero_0078.jpg

Thing about bridal gowns is that they look totally different on you than they do on the models. Dress shopping was so much fun.

lol, your mom is funny OP. I don't like the dress at all but it's all about your own personal style. And it's about what YOU like. When picking a dress think about what will compliment your shape and you want to wear the dress well, not have the dress wear you.

I like the shape, but there's too much going on. If you stripped the beading off the bodice (I particularly dislike that diamond near the belly button) or paired it with a skirt with little or no gathering, it would probably look better.

Its not my taste, but im not into the princess look. If you like it and its YOUR DAY! Thats all that matters, if it makes u feel beautiful.

Thank you all for your responses.

Jmartjrmd, those dresses are beautiful. Definitely the type of dresses that I'm looking for. Thanks for posting them.

I don't like it at all. I prefer less frills but its really about what appeals to the bride. I think you can get something in the same style that looks 'better'. I think gowns with so many frills aren't as appealing, especially when you see those wedding pictures decades later when the fashion has moved on.

OP the dress is beautiful....But.....

You MUST try it on....I had a vision of a certain dress for years....until I tried it on....then ICK! As a matter of fact, the type of dress that DID look good on me was very similar to your pic, but not as much rouching (spelling) or all the details at the top, but the neckline was the same. But it was something I hadn't dreamed of seeing on myself. It was a Maggie Sottero.

Try on the dress or dresses like it, and see if the style fits you. If so, great! Wear it....f not, be prepared to be very open with different complimentary style choices.....Your day, your dress, your way.

Back