Do you think Straight Hair makes hair grow faster?

PuffyBrown

I just came out of my braids. Whoo Hoo! I am finally weaned!
For those of you who remember, I have been in my braids since my divorce....1997 yup 10 years. I have a major afro. It is doing very well and I want to keep it that way. The length is right at my shoulders natural. I have not had my hair flat ironed before.
Many hair pictures that I see on the forum, it seems to me that the members who flat iron their hair seem to gain length a little faster. I am thinking about taking this route but I wanted to find out how many people actually flat iron and how many use other forms of straightners. I really dont want a perm because they always always always break my hair no matter how mild it is. The perm takes really well and I can wear for a few months but after a couple of retouches my hair freaks out and starts breaking, even with the best care, deep condish ....

How do you straigten your hair?

1. TexLaxed (How many weeks between texlaxing)
2. Relaxer ( How many weeks between relaxing)
3. Flat iron (How often)
4. Au Naturel ( Use no straightners at all)
5. Still trying to decide

I just came out of my braids. Whoo Hoo! I am finally weaned!
For those of you who remember, I have been in my braids since my divorce....1997 yup 10 years. I have a major afro. It is doing very well and I want to keep it that way. The length is right at my shoulders natural. I have not had my hair flat ironed before.
Many hair pictures that I see on the forum, it seems to me that the members who flat iron their hair seem to gain length a little faster. I am thinking about taking this route but I wanted to find out how many people actually flat iron and how many use other forms of straightners. I really dont want a perm because they always always always break my hair no matter how mild it is. The perm takes really well and I can wear for a few months but after a couple of retouches my hair freaks out and starts breaking, even with the best care, deep condish ....

How do you straigten your hair?

1. TexLaxed (How many weeks between texlaxing)
2. Relaxer ( How many weeks between relaxing)
3. Flat iron (How often)
4. Au Naturel ( Use no straightners at all)
5. Still trying to decide

I don't think that's necessarily true. I feel that when hair grows, it grow.
When it grows from the scalp, it is growing from its natural state. I straigten my hair with a relaxer every 12 weeks. If you really don't want a perm, then you shouldn't get one. What about just getting your hair flatironed every now and then? That's quite astonishing 10yrs in braids, wow!

Back