Do you think my hair is overly porous?

seeminglysweet

I was reading past posts on moisture and I, like many others, have always had hair that soaks up moisture like a sponge. I've consistently used olive oil for about 7 years as a moisturizer with no problems until coming here and seeing that oils aren't for moisture.
So I have been trying to find a good cream moisturizer, I've tried drug store brands, mango butter, design moisture cream , among other things and none of them really seem to moisturize my hair. I love oils and I love castor oil but its just not enough.

Do you guys think my hair is too porous and thats why no moisture cream works for me? I am getting a relaxer on saturday but after that I want to try the Roux porosity control. Is this a good idea and is the porosity control something I will need to do on a regular basis to maintain the right porosity for my hair? and what are some other options for cream moisturizers?

There are a lot of questions but my main one is the issue of if my hair is overly porous.

TIA

Umm.. i remember a while ago a lady posted how you can test your hair to see if it is or not.. i shall see if i can find it

Umm.. i remember a while ago a lady posted how you can test your hair to see if it is or not.. i shall see if i can find it

Back