Do You Think It's Too Much To Use The Denman Daily?

pookaloo83

I wear twistouts and braidouts daily. So at the end of the day, before bed, I wet my hair a little with water and go through it with the denman. It glides through and gets rid of my tangles. I barely see any hair in the brush either. I tried to just retwist at night without detangling and my hair suffered! For a week, I just retwisted and my hair was tangle city on wash day.

So are there any others out here who detangle daily? I know alot on here detangle only on wash day and I just wanted to know if anyone thinks this is gonna bite me in the arse later. I don't want my hair to start getting weak! :lol:

If anything I would just finger detangle. But me and the denman never got along so I can't imagine using it without using a wide tooth comb beforehand and with my hair full of product.

how exactly was detangling bad for you when you didn't do it daily? Perhaps tweak how you detangle on washday would help you to not manipulate your hair so much.

But if it works for you then I don't see a reason to stop.

I brushed my hair with my denman daily when I was transitioning and I think my hair was in great shape at the time.
Not that I would entirely recommend it though, I think it takes longer to tell on natural hair whether you're damaging it.

What if you detangled every other day, to stay on the safe side?

Depends on your hair. I couldn't use one daily but you're the one who knows your results - not we. So if it's working for you then no need to fix it.

the top of my head gets terribly tangled. So I denman that area as much as I can... sometimes I don't have the time to do it everyday or I have twists in. I wouldn't do the entire head only because I use small sections and it takes a long time. If you don't experience any negative consequences, go with it. :)

I used to shingle my hair daily with my denman and my splits were out of control...just a hot mess. Then again i am prone to splits so it could have just been my hair.

If my hair is flat-ironed or simply stretched with some moisturizer sometimes I Denman 2x a day.

I used to shingle my hair daily with my denman and my splits were out of control...just a hot mess. Then again i am prone to splits so it could have just been my hair.

I too have been prone to splits and have been using a Denman since the beginning of my natural journey....
I wonder if you're on to something. If this is what causes it, how?

what denman brush do you have? your hair seems to be growing nicely, so if you aren't experiencing damage, then keep doing your thing. i used to think the brush was the debil until i bought one and used it. it wasn't bad at all.

I use my Tangle Teezer every day on wet hair filled with conditioner, and before I used the Teezer I used a wide tooth comb every day. I've been detangling every day since I started my journey and I've had no problem with splits or length retention.

I too have been prone to splits and have been using a Denman since the beginning of my natural journey....
I wonder if you're on to something. If this is what causes it, how?

I don't know if it was all the WNG's or the daily detangling with the Denman. All I know is I had as much hair trimmed off last year as I did back when I was relaxed.

what denman brush do you have? your hair seems to be growing nicely, so if you aren't experiencing damage, then keep doing your thing. i used to think the brush was the debil until i bought one and used it. it wasn't bad at all.

I don't know which one I have, but I only use it on wet/slightly damp hair. I really love this brush! I know people talk negatively about it. I just started doing this 2 or 3 weeks ago, but don't see any damage as of yet. I just wanted to know if anyone thought that in the long run if it may be too much. But you guys are right! It seems to be working for me! I don't know how you guys are seeing splits though. I can barely see my hair without hurting my eyes. I try to pull it forward to see, but it makes me crosseyed. :lol:

Back