Do you think i should chop and start again?

Bublin

Hey ladies,

I have been natural for 2 years now from doing the BC - nearly every month has been a struggle for me - to be honest i don't know what my hair wants. I've been to salons and they all do the same. Give me bog standard treatments then attack it with a comb.

Unfortunately i have about 3 small patches of damaged hair where its permanently straight after bad presses (personally i don't think my hair can handle a press).
This means i can't even wear a wash and go as its looks odd with straight strands.

My hair just feels dry and is tangly. No matter how many treatments or deep conditioners i do i cannot restore the moisture.

I cannot flat iron my hair as when i do its dry and frizzy.
When i twist it i have the straight peices hanging down so my hair is not uniform.

At the moment i have braid extensions.

So...........do i just grow it out or shall i chop it all off and start over and learn to take care of my hair all over again?
Right now i'm so down about my hair i could take clippers to it right now :sad:.

Currently i'm collar length stretched.

:bighug:

Don't grab those clippers!! My hair responds well to Care Free Curl Gold and Glycerin. I put the Care Free in a spray bottle and added water, it works better that way then the gel. It makes my hair very soft and it stays moisturized.

I'd say grow it out and try to find something to help with your moisture problem.

Any other suggestion ladies??

Thanks for the votes not to chop and the hug, fnggrant.

Do you dilute the carefree curl Gold 50/50 and do you apply to both dry and wet hair? Can i spray this on my braids?

How are you using the glycerin? I've always found it sooo sticky.

chile hush yo speak!!!!:lachen: i have the same damage from pressing so i feel your pain! my wash n go's look wretched! :wallbash: dont cut it tho. just continue to take care of your hair and let it grow out. Imma add u as a buddy and keep u posted on what products are working for me.

I would grow it out and cut over time. To camouflage the damaged straight parts, maybe try using some rods in those areas so the straight pieces don't look so out of place

chile hush yo speak!!!!:lachen: i have the same damage from pressing so i feel your pain! my wash n go's look wretched! :wallbash: dont cut it tho. just continue to take care of your hair and let it grow out. Imma add u as a buddy and keep u posted on what products are working for me.

Ha ha ha - please dont wash my mouth out with soap!

Yes, the wash n go's do look wretched don't they! I even considered chopping out those straight bits (can you tell i'm impulsive? :drunk:) but then i'd be left with stumps in my hair, including one at the front. :spinning:

I would love to be your buddy as i think its time i had a shoulder to lean on as i'm no good on my own - i may do something regretful.

Thanks for the votes not to chop and the hug, fnggrant.

Do you dilute the carefree curl Gold 50/50 and do you apply to both dry and wet hair? Can i spray this on my braids?

How are you using the glycerin? I've always found it sooo sticky.

Yes, I dilute 50/50 same with the glycerin. I apply both to wet and dry hair. And when I just need a little extra moisture. I just co-washed, spray that stuff and I wont have to moisturize again untill tomarrow. I only co-wash 2x week but I apply that everyday. I don't see why you couldn't spray it on braids.

Back