Do you struggle with PJ'ism Is this a real disease

Falon

Do you struggle with PJ\'ism Is this a real disease

It's official I am a product junkie. The urge to buy new products has reached the critical point.

Today: After I got off the train I stood in front of the neighborhood BSS for FIVE WHOLE MINUTES! I mean I was struggling really struggling to NOT go in. I scanned the windows over and over looking at the products in the windows. Thinking: "
scratchchin.gif
Hey, they sell stuff from the Keracare, Biosilk, Profective, Mizani and Dudley's lines. I wonder if they have any Surge? I should go in...No don't go in!
naughty.gif
You already spent at least $25 just this week on products....but what if they have Surge? I think I want some Surge? I heard on LHCF that it makes you hair grow real fast...But Falon you already bought Profectiv products and The Neutrogena triple moisture leave in, just this week.

You have UBH Creme Moisturizer and Dew left over, bottles of it! You have Tons of Jon Frieda stuff, serums, ripple effect, hairsprays, pomades, etc. Not to mention Dominican conditioners and other stuff too!"

I finally tore myself away after going to the door and walking away a few times...People stared at me they though I was nuts!

What the heck
spinning.gif
is happening to me?
whyme.gif
I though PJ'ism was a joke when I started on LHCF...IT IS REAL AND IT IS DRAINING MY POCKETS
cry3.gif

Who else just can't resist and I don't mean you could if you wanted to...I mean who else just can't seem to stop themselves?

Re: Do you struggle with PJ\'ism Is this a real dis

even if i talk myself out of something, i end up talking myself back into it again shortly after that again anyway
whyme.gif
i just give up

Re: Do you struggle with PJ\'ism Is this a real disease

[ QUOTE ]
Falon said:
Who else just can't resist and I don't mean you could if you wanted to...I mean who else just can't seem to stop themselves?

[/ QUOTE ]

That would be me. I believe I spent nearly $200 (How now brown cow?) on haircare products and another $60 on hair/skin/nail supplements this afternoon. "Hello, my name is Shawn and I'm a PJholic . . . "

You know how I justify it? I think to myself about how many girls, non-ethnic, grew up with their hair already "right", from all the products in the world tailor-made for their hair for DECADES... yall know what I'm talking about right? Well, companies are just now realizing that our hair is indeed "different" from theirs and, dog gone it, it's about time we had products that make our hair feel beautiful. Now, we're just splurgin like crazy 'cause there's so much out there now
whyme.gif
... and it's okay! Because we can pass down our new found knowledge down to our kids, right?? Then, our next generation will be where non-ethnics have been for a while now when it comes to hair.

--did I go overboard with that one?
look.gif
Gotta justify it ya know
smile.gif

I have serious PJism too. Everytime I go into a store thet first place I go is the hair aile. Then I stand there for about 20 minutes trying to decide what to get. Finally I put some stuff into my cart. So then I finish walking though the store and slowly I put back the ones I dont really want. This process usually takes me about an hour.
look.gif

Oh no - this mess is real and I knew about it before I got into hair products. My obsession with MAC makeup has caused a serious need for therapy AND NOW I got a jones for hair products - oh my - I need to rob a bank or hit the lottery.

[ QUOTE ]
Sweetyb said:
You know how I justify it? I think to myself about how many girls, non-ethnic, grew up with their hair already "right", from all the products in the world tailor-made for their hair for DECADES... yall know what I'm talking about right? Well, companies are just now realizing that our hair is indeed "different" from theirs and, dog gone it, it's about time we had products that make our hair feel beautiful. Now, we're just splurgin like crazy 'cause there's so much out there now
whyme.gif
... and it's okay! Because we can pass down our new found knowledge down to our kids, right?? Then, our next generation will be where non-ethnics have been for a while now when it comes to hair.

--did I go overboard with that one?
look.gif
Gotta justify it ya know
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ] I'm gonna borrow this one for future use
smile.gif
laugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]
calbear said:
Oh no - this mess is real and I knew about it before I got into hair products. My obsession with MAC makeup has caused a serious need for therapy AND NOW I got a jones for hair products - oh my - I need to rob a bank or hit the lottery.

[/ QUOTE ] i was just thinkin i need a sugar daddy
laugh.gif
look.gif

I definitely have PJism. I've acknowledged, accepted, and embraced it!! Now, I give into it whenever an attack hits me...it's the only way I'll feel better!
cool.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I definitely have PJism. I've acknowledged, accepted, and embraced it!! Now, I give into it whenever an attack hits me...it's the only way I'll feel better!

[/ QUOTE ]
Now that's pretty much where I'm at.....don't fight the feelin
look.gif

One way to satisfy pj urges is to buy cheap products. Sometimes when I'm feeling the itch for a new conditioner, I try a Suave or V05 flavor. It's something new but doesn't break my pocketbooks!

I am a true PJ out of control just when I thought I did not need anymore products it seems everystore in my area had products marked down the last couple of month.
I can only justify I bought them all on sale under 5 bucks
problem now no space.
I do make sure all bills are paid first.
rofl.gif
rofl.gif

[ QUOTE ]
One way to satisfy pj urges is to buy cheap products. Sometimes when I'm feeling the itch for a new conditioner, I try a Suave or V05 flavor. It's something new but doesn't break my pocketbooks!

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, about that......I've tried it...........I end up buying one of everything.....because in my warped mind, the cheaper it is, the more I can get for my money.
laugh.gif

YAY, i'm not alone, after reading all the raves obout Indian Products yeasterday i went to Indousplaza.com and selected so many things that the total was up to about $80, just when i was going to get my card from my purse, getting ready to type in the number somthing just said to me "your being so ridiculous you just spent $100 last week on hair stuff!!!" So i sadly but quickly closed to page and came to the board and read about homemade products
frown.gif
. lol this sucks if i was rich i'd be spending like it ain't nothin.

it's definetly real i could be on my to the bank to pay my phone bill and walk by a bss. then it's all over.
i can't go to ebay cause i always end up bidding on something.
i really do need help.

AS long as someone keep raving about hair products this PJ ISM will never end.
rofl.gif
rofl.gif

[ QUOTE ]
LABETT said:
AS long as someone keep raving about hair products this PJ ISM will never end.
rofl.gif
rofl.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

You got that right!!
look.gif
It's like an endless quest for the best "miracle" product that will make our hair long, or strong, or shiny, or moisturized...
ohwell.gif

it's real. today i almost burst into tears when i passed trade secret in the mall. i HAD to turn around and go back in there. and just when i found the tigi bed head chocolate head.... my .. my.. mom came and drug me out because she says i have WAY too much stuff.
cry3.gif
it seems like every time i try something via sample, i like it and have to buy it!

*ahem* my name is candace, and i'm a product junkie.

Hi, ladies and yes I too am a product junkie. That's why I have my screen name, i have so many products under my kitchen sink and not to mention in all of my bathrooms. I feel sorry if someone uses my guest bathroom and looks under the sink for some toilet paper.
shocked.gif
All they will find are my hair lotions and potions
blush.gif
. It's comforting to know that there are others who feel the way I do.

Ladies, I'm walking out on faith and I am making a vow, Not To Buy Any "New" Products until my next relaxer August 2004
(if this works out this may be my new rule of thumb)

I hope I don't get PJ withdrawal.
ill.gif

Today again! I was in CVS to get some dishwashing liquid with the bf and he practically had to snatch me up by the back of my belt loop to get me out of the hair care aisle. I was like "Ooooo...wait they got Kemy Oil, and look I found the neutrogena pre-shampoo oil" He was like
nuts.gif
"But you have like every hair thing in the world!" So
think.gif
I distracted him by sending him down another aisle to get some toliet paper and started to browse again. I was going to get some more profective products but I was really too ashamed to let him see me buy it. I got a problem.
tongue.gif

[ QUOTE ]
calbear said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too! All this is too funny b/c I so relate to what everyone is going thru.

I'm like
fan.gif
with this thread. I'm going through PJ withdrawal as we speak. I was staring so hard at the TIGI collection display at Trade Secret when my mom and I walked past, she asked me if something was wrong. I was thinking, "Heck's yeah . . . now excuse me while I buy out the whole collection!"
rofl.gif

This is a sickness something serious.
ill.gif
nuts.gif

Deeplyrooted you really are hooked on those Tigi Bed Head
Products.
lachen70.gif

Whom am I to talk I just bought the whole Neutrogena line and order $70 dollars worth of Dominican Products from George at Uptown Beauty in NY.

angeldevil.gif
PJ'ism is like a temptation to me...
I will be tempted to buy some hair products, but then the
angel.gif
tells me: "Use up what u have first, then u can invest in different hair products."

[ QUOTE ]
LABETT said:
Deeplyrooted you really are hooked on those Tigi Bed Head
Products.
lachen70.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Who you telling?
laugh.gif
It seems to happen every 6 months or so. I'll try a product from a line that I've never tried before ... if I really like it, I start to thinking about what every other product from that brand would be like.
scratchchin.gif
It's horrible.
drowning.gif

I am a junkie in rehab...my friend recently get my goods at wholesale for me so I HAVE SO much stuff(The Kerafuse, Fortifying leave in and the Ultra Hydrating Conditioner/Shampoo for $25)...I am giving my girlfriend some Biolage shampoo and conditioner today because I have the Ultra Hydrating instead of the reg..I have given all of them the Farouk line and my other good friend has gotten the Tigi, Paul Mitchell and misc. stuff I don't like..

YES!!! I cant begin to tell you how much money I have spent on hair stuff, not just products
frown.gif
Don't let me get bored, I will hope and my car on the way to the BSS in a minute.... Please don't let someone RAVE about a new product
driver.gif
Gosh, and the sad thing is I can not control myself
frown.gif

It has gotten better now because I have found a group of product that I LOVE..

I think I have a real disease. I am an impulse shopper. I buy everything, not only hair products. I think buying hair products curve the rest of my shopping addiction though because by the time I leave the BSS, I am too broke to buy anything else.
laugh.gif

Back