Do you skip co-washing when you DC on dry hair?

Fine 4s

Last night I DC'ed on Dry hair with QH Cholesterol. As I was washing the product out, I wondered whether I could clean my scalp with it instead of having to apply a lighter conditioner for the co-wash after rinsing the QH Cholesterol out. As you can see, I'm trying to cut out one more hair care process on wash day :)

Anyone do this?

:look: I DCowash only, now. Don't even bother with two steps, unless I'm clarifying or something. I even mix my ayurvedic cleansers in with my DC. :lol:

I was wondering this too, but I happen to like condish. . .a lot! So I used the wash out condish anyway.

Thank you ladies...but now here's my follow-up question...
by just applying a DC and washing it out, is that cleaing the hair strands and the scalp enough? Sometimes when I apply the DC on the hair I almost feel like I'm coating the dirt, lint and whatever else that may be on the hair...what are your thoughts on that....

But that sounds like an idea JK...mixing the ayurvedic tea in the DC...

Thank you ladies...but now here's my follow-up question...
by just applying a DC and washing it out, is that cleaing the hair strands and the scalp enough? Sometimes when I apply the DC on the hair I almost feel like I'm coating the dirt, lint and whatever else that may be on the hair...what are your thoughts on that....

But that sounds like an idea JK...mixing the ayurvedic tea in the DC...

I figure it this way. Most of the time, I'm using the same (or better) conditioners to DC my hair with as I would be using to cowash.
If I believe that cowashing works, then how does that change with a DC? Ain't like the cheapie cons have something 'special' in them that allows them to be the perfect cowasher, ya know? And, I leave the DC in longer than I would a cowash, so really, it should be working better.

I still scratch my scalp real good as I'm detangling it, and my hair feels like I've cowashed it afterwards, so I figure it's all good. And when I add the ayurvedics in - shh, there's no doubt that my hair is clean and moisturized. :yep:

:scratchch I wonder this too ... but I co wash everyday and DC one day out of the week so I don't think my hair has a chance to collect too much dirt
I usually don't follow up with any conditioners after the DC I just rinse for a really long time .. HTH

The key is to rub your hair/scalp as you're washing the DC out the same as you would if you were cowashing. 2 birds one stone. ;)

Back