• No and I am mostly 3c

Votes: 8 4.5%
  • Yes but I do not fit into any of the categories above

Votes: 14 7.9%
  • No but I do not fit into any of the categories above

Votes: 2 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I shampoo once a week, but every since I been transitioning I have to restructure my products and find new products to work with my combination hair. I was using Trader Joe's Nourish spa, and Aveda dry remedy but those products don't work on my hair like it use to. Now I'm sticking to Hair One, and natural rinses such as baking soda and acv rinses soon. I want to try the Charin Valley soaps to replace my previous soaps I can no longer use.

I shampoo once a week with various shampoo still trying to find my niche. I have used Giovanni tea tree. I do like Jasmine nourshing shampoo. I'm natural 3b/c I do find that I need to up my shampoo more when I use oily/moisturizers more. Co washing really don't work well with my hair. Although shampoo can be drying and shipping it cleans and I always DC with something that going to make it soft, and I steam and use leave in so I don't worry too much about my hair drying out.

I use shampoo at least once a week, sometimes twice if I need to.

I currently use HE Hello Hydration on usual washes, and I use HE Fresh Balance whenever I need to clarify. I'm transitioning to natural, and I'm pretty much nearly there now :)

I personally really need my shampoo, as my hair won't feel clean if I don't use it at least once a week.

i am relaxed and possibly transitioning (realized i'm not fully committed last wash day). i use shampoo (abba pure moisture) it's sulfate free and has been one of the things that has really transformed my hair, in addition to other good products and practices.

How many of yall use shampoo and how often?

I use shampoo depending on if I feel like my hair needs it. I use gels, creams, and thick moisturizers on my hair almost daily, plus I am in the sulfur and MN challenges so my scalp needs to be shampooed at least once every 2 weeks. Sometimes I wait 3 weeks before I shampoo my hair. Cowashing leaves my hair incredibly soft and I like to use shampoo as little as possible due to this fact.

What kind of shampoo do you use and what is your hair type?

I use mostly organic, sulfate-free shampoos but I do use some with sulfates like Keracare Hydrating Detangling Shampoo and Mizani Poos. My favorite shampoo so far believe it or not is Avalon Organics Biotin B Complex Thickening Shampoo. I love the smell and it really makes my hair come alive along with the accompanying conditioner.

Are you relaxed or natural?

I am currently a 4b natural.

I use shampoo. I wash my hair once a week.

I use Suave Professionals line. I like the Humectant the best.

My hair type is nappy.:grin: Seriously, my hair is a weird mixture of 4a, 3c, and 2/1. I just call it nappy. My hair is also quite fine.

100% natural.

About that shampoo-I can't see myself not using it. I've tried cowashing and every no-poo method under the sun. Nothing gets my scalp clean like a good shampooing. Like another poster said, if I don't shampoo my scalp will start to smell. I also like sulfates, just in moderation. I don't like natural (soap) shampoo, poo bars, castile soap, etc. My hair feels disgustingly coated when I use that stuff.

Now I just stick with the absolute basics.

Once a week, and the products I use depends on what shampoo I'll use. If I used something with cones I'm going to use a sulfate shampoo.

I shampoo once a week and I'm 4a natural. I use Pure & Basic Clarifying Shampoo or my Apple Valley naturals or Chagrin Valley Shampoo bars.

I'm a 4b transitioner and I shampoo my hair at least weekly. I have a sensitive / itchy scalp so I generally don't like co washing, plus I feel that my products work better on clean hair. I currently use Elasta Creme Conditioning shampoo or Keracare sulphate-free hydrating detangling shampoo, these do not strip my hair. I clarify with Nexxus Aloe Rid as needed.

I use shampoo. I wash my hair once a week. But right now I need to find a sulfate free one. My scalp no likely sulfates. :nono: I was thinking of trying ABBA.

I use Aussie Moist shampoo. Moist my butt. :ohwell:

4c, coils, lots and lots of interlocking coils. :yep:

Neither. I'm transitioning. 6 months/24 weeks.
:yay::yay::yay:

How many of yall use shampoo and how often? (CONDITIONER WASHES DO NOT COUNT)

I'm starting to try to shampoo with regular shampoo once a week. Then I clarify another day.

What kind of shampoo do you use and what is your hair type? Are you relaxed or natural?

For just plain ol' shampooing I use Dove for damage hair. For clarifying I use Nature's Gate Rainwater Clarifying Shampoo or just anything that makes my hair feel stripped...sometimes Suave Humectant. I'm natural 3C.

I'm 4a(mabes some 3c/4b) natural and I shampoo weekly/biweekly/monthly depending on the season and what style I have in. I've used Suave Coconut & Clarify as well as Tresseme (the super moisturizing one).

I tried not shampooing for a while and found that my hair was not happy @ all and scalp was more flaky (not dried conditioner) which was the reason I had attempted no shampoo in the first place.

That made me realize that by taking good care of my scalp (olive oil or any good oil) and keeping my hair moisturized, shampooing as needed and conditioning before and after was just right for me.

But I definitely think the simpler the shampoo the better. I prefer suave because it's cheap and my hair doesn't react adversely to it.

I am a 4 natural with small penspring like coils and z-shaped waves.

SLS are a no-no for me because they all make my hair feel like wet hay instantly. The followint SLS-free poos I've tried so far have not given me this problem (although they are still a bit drying). I use these whenever I have some in my house: Giovanni SAS, Curls Cleansing Cream, TJ Nourish Spa, Suave Coconut. The TJ and Suave are more drying than the first two, IMO.

I shampoo once a week, every week using a non-sulfate shampoo. I have been using the Cleansing Cream in the Curls for Target line. It is pretty good, however, I like to use a lot of shampoo, and this may only last me two months.

I need to shampoo, or else my scalp gets itchy, my hair feels overly coated with my leave in that I apply 2-3x a week, my hair starts to smell like mold (i think at least), and my hair starts looking dusty and dull black.

Also, there are benefits to shampooing. When I shampoo, my hair color becomes darker and able to sheen and sometimes shine with all its might. My deep conditioner that I apply after I shampoo works so much better than if I just co-wash or rinse my hair only with water-- I can really feel the difference instantly and my hair is moisturized longer.

I'm between 4a and 4b but my scalp would drive me nuts if I didn't shampoo. I use Hair One olive oil shampoo(no sulfates) and my scalp is so happy when I use it. I also conditioner wash with V05 usually 1x a week.

I use shampoo. I even use one with sulfates every now and then. If I don't, there will be a build up on my scalp. My shampoo use is more for my scalp than for my hair.

I use shampoo once a week when I was my hair (I don't cowash during the week)

What kind of shampoo do you use and what is your hair type? Are you relaxed or natural?
I use the Everpure Moisture Shampoo Rosemary Mint (sulfate-free) ... I am natural my hair is a 4a/3c mix

I have not used shampoo since I got my hair dyed two weeks ago, and my hair has felt the best ever! :yay:

I wanna know your thoughts, I may have to kick the Poo to the curb!! Because I only wash my hair once a week I started using shampoo to remove buildup.. and I ALWAYS pre-poo. If I co-washed (and didn't pre-poo) I wouldn't be using shampoo

I shampoo weekly. Currently I'm using Everyday Shea Moisturizing Shampoo but it varies from month to month. I am accustomed to the feeling I get after shampooing, I believe some folks equate it to a "stripping" feeling, but I just call it clean. It can be remedied with conditioner so it's not a big deal to me.

Oh yea, I'm sorry, forgot my stats: I am newly natural (about 9 months) and I assume I am in the "4" category.

I shampoo as needed, usually once every week or two weeks. I co-wash in between.

I use Carley's Clear and Smooth Natural Soap or (occaisonally) HE Hello Hydration 2-in-1 Shampoo/Conditioner. The former cleans my scalp without drying it out or leaving a residue. The latter smells really nice and doesn't dry my hair out like most drugstore shampoos.

I have not used shampoo since I got my hair dyed two weeks ago, and my hair has felt the best ever!

I wanna know your thoughts, I may have to kick the Poo to the curb!!

I love co-washes, but I cannot cannot CANNOT give up the shampoo! I do not apply any products on my scalp, and it still acquires buildup within a week or two. Giving up shampoo completely will lead to a grimy, itchy, broken-out scalp for me.

I don't wash my hair as often as most ladies here. I've tried washing once a week and my hair freakes out. Washing every 2-3 weeks keeps my hair from having a heart attack.

I use Pantene Relaxed and Natural. I'm pretty sure I'm a 4b but I'm still transitioning so I don't want to make a perminate claim until i'm fully natural.

I have not used shampoo since I got my hair dyed two weeks ago, and my hair has felt the best ever!

I wanna know your thoughts, I may have to kick the Poo to the curb!!

I poo every once in a while with cream of nature detangling conditioning shampoo when my co-wash just isn't getting my scalp clean. I am relaxed 4b. I won't use any other poo besides cream of nature unless I'm clarifying with V05 Kiwi Lime and my hair needs to be stripped of product build up.

How many of yall use shampoo and how often? Once a month when i do my pre poo. Myhair is braided and left in for a month after which i loose and treat then re braid

What kind of shampoo do you use and what is your hair type? I use Bio Valley Ayurvedic Arnica and Ginseng Shampoo, my hair is mostly silky 4a

Are you relaxed or natural? Natural all the way

I dont intend on kicking poo to the curb because i like doing my pre poo with Amla, Fenugreek, Coconut oil and garlic. However, I make two bottles out of one bottle poo by adding water.

I shampoo frequently! 1-3x weekly mostly 4a natural
my shampoo varies (no staples yet).... i add aloe juice/oils often to my shampoos

My scalp would be on FIYER' .....if i failed to shampoo<--- feels slick
(i've even slept in shampoo a few times b/c it stopped the itching, lol)

I shampoo 2x per week.

I use either Healthy Sexy Hair Pumpkin Rehydrating Shampoo or Boots Botanicals Ultra Moisturising Shampoo. My hair hates sls-fee shampoo so I use normal shampoos that contain sls but are not drying to the hair. Am I the only one? I tried no poo/sls-fee shampoos for a while :nono:. Not a good look for me. Hello, itchy scalp and unresponsive hair. With sls, my hair is happy trouper. Random right? :lachen:

I am relaxed 4a.

I shampoo once a week.

I use Abba Pure Moisture shampoo. It is sulfate free. I'm a 4B

Natural

I am natural and I co wash mostly. I will sy that after I henna I use a shampoo to completely clean my hair. I use CONs new orange bottle

Oh and anytime I use shea butter to hold down my ponytail I shampoo. But my hair breathes just fine when I use my VO5. That conditioner is tops

Back