Do you shampoo last?

ceecy29

I thought my derm prescribed a cream to apply to my scalp but she only prescribed a solution like Benedril to help with itching and inflammation. That didn't treat the problem so I called back and asked for a shampoo. She prescribed ketaconazole shampoo 2%. I was instructed to shampoo with it once a week. After lathering leave on for 5 minutes, rinse, then continue with wash day as usual. Let me tell you, I've used this stuff only once last Friday. Today is Thursday and I have not seen a single flake! My scalp looks great! I'm totally shocked at the results! You should definitely see about getting this shampoo from your doctor. I wish I would've seen her sooner.

On another note, my hair texture is everything from 3c to 4c. It's mostly 4b. I had been having issues with dryness since the beginning of my transition. I learned about Aloe Vera gel on YouTube and bought a bottle from Wal-Mart a few days ago. This stuff made my hair so soft and shiny. I got a lot of compliments on my hair. I think I bought it Monday and I haven't used it again since. My hair is still shiny and pretty moisturized. Next time I buy it I'll get it from whole foods but for now this is working really well. It's worth a shot if you have problems retaining moisture. It only cost 4 bucks.

Meemee6223 Thanks for reaching out. I don't have flakes though, just the itching once products touch my scalp (which I can't seem to avoid). Has your itching stopped?

How do you use the aloe vera gel?

Meemee6223 Thanks for reaching out. I don't have flakes though, just the itching once products touch my scalp (which I can't seem to avoid). Has your itching stopped?

How do you use the aloe vera gel?

For itching she prescribed fluocinonide topical solution usp 0.05. The pharmacist wanted to make sure I understood not to use this med if I have any breaks on my skin because it can get into the blood stream and cause major issues. I wasn't comfortable with that being that most people with severe itching scratch and possibly break the skin. It smelled strongly of alcohol so I was afraid it would dry out my hair, lol. I washed it out as soon as I applied it so I cant say whether it worked or not. If you only have an itchy spot here and there maybe it would work. I had extreme itching and dandruff. Now, no itching, no dandruff with just the shampoo. I'm also using the same products that irritated my skin before with no problems.

I wear my hair in twist outs most of the time. So when I twist I apply the aloe vera gel then jane carter nourish and shine on top of that. Aloe vera is supposed to be healing. People use it on burns and various other skin conditions. The one I got from Wal-Mart has a bunch of other chemicals added to it so next time I'll look for something more pure.

Have you tried a baking soda scrub or a mild clarifying shampoo? ,perhaps the itching is due to build up ?
When i use heavy butters they somehow reach my scalp ,making it itchy ,i started clarifying more often and that solved the problem .Also you could try a baking soda paste (water and B k soda) and leave it on your scalp for a minute or so to deeply cleanse it.

Have you tried a baking soda scrub or a mild clarifying shampoo? ,perhaps the itching is due to build up ?
When i use heavy butters they somehow reach my scalp ,making it itchy ,i started clarifying more often and that solved the problem .Also you could try a baking soda paste (water and B k soda) and leave it on your scalp for a minute or so to deeply cleanse it.

For the past few months I've been shampooing exclusively with suave clarifying shampoo once a week. I don't think that is the problem. I've been very careful about that. I think it was some kind of infection. Every time I had to take antibiotics it would go away. :perplexed

Back