Do you return hair products or throw them under the bathroom sink?

bmoreflyygirl said:
If I can return it and get my money back I do. If not, I just throw it under the sink. I'll use it eventually.
I used to do this and now I have a beauty supply store right under my bathroom sink. However, this week is get rid of clutter week for me. ;)

Peachtree said:
they usually end in my "give away" box.
give away to family, friends or women shelters.

:eek: Wow! Great idea. I always donate other stuff to shelters and since this is my get rid of clutter week, and we (me and my husband) have stuff we are donating, I will definitely include this. The stuff is still useable.
Thank you Peachtree for such a wonderful idea. I don't like to waste things.

KiniKakes said:
Gosh, thats a good question............ now that I think about it, I usually just keep the product and allow it to collect dust in the bathroom. I guess its not worth the hassle.... of trekking back to the BSS just to argue with some strict Asian store owners in downtown Brooklyn. Their store return/exchange policies be hella strict. If anything, I will pass the product along to a friend or one of my sisters. You know what they say: What man's trash is another man's treasure. :)

Kinikakes, This is one reason why I don't buy from the asian stores unless it's an instant weave or something that I've used before and have been satisfied with...usually something small though like silk scarfs. I know what you mean because they don't like to exchange or return anything. They figure they have a monopoly on us. :yep: Another thing, they certainly don't want to deny me because it will be an unforgettable experience. :p

ibelieve said:
The reason I was nervous to return my purchase is because I started wondering if they are ever concerned with people emptying out the "good" stuff and replacing it with a 99 cent conditioner. I don't ever buy products (other than hair which isn't returnable anyway) from the BSS. I either purchase them from Sally's, Walgreens, Target or Wal-Mart. So I guess as long as I have the receipt I am all good.
But I still wonder about folks taking home a $16.00 bottle of Nexxus, replacing it with Suave, and returning it back to the store.
That's a crime, but I'm sure people do this all the time. :ohwell:
My brother was with me when I made the return so when I was vocalizing my thoughts to him, his shady butt was like, "Dang, that's a good idea." :nono:
Sonya
:) This is a good point. Although you can't be certain about if something has been returned, I always inspect the bottles to make sure it's in good condition, smell 'everything' because that's what I do, and reach in the middle or back for products. I check everything, and if in doubt...even if it's the last one on the shelf, I leave it.

JLove74 said:
I don't buy from stuff from BSS for a few reasons, one of them being their NO RETURN policy. I buy from Sally's, CVS, Target, etc..where I know there is a return policy.
If there's a no return policy, I generally do not buy shampoo, etc from them. Oftentimes, I find the prices are better elsewhere such as Target stores.

angelk316 said:
I wounder what these stores do with returned items
I think...(not sure) "some" of them return them to the manufacturer if the product has been used often. Maybe they just add from other bottles of conditioner and shampoo too. Something to think about though.

ibelieve said:
The reason I was nervous to return my purchase is because I started wondering if they are ever concerned with people emptying out the "good" stuff and replacing it with a 99 cent conditioner. I don't ever buy products (other than hair which isn't returnable anyway) from the BSS. I either purchase them from Sally's, Walgreens, Target or Wal-Mart. So I guess as long as I have the receipt I am all good.

But I still wonder about folks taking home a $16.00 bottle of Nexxus, replacing it with Suave, and returning it back to the store. My brother was with me when I made the return so when I was vocalizing my thoughts to him, his shady butt was like, "Dang, that's a good idea." :nono:

Sonya

That's a scary thought. What would you ladies do if you bought a product spiked with hair remover?

Last edited:
Myself, If I've used it already I automatically assume it can't be returned...so since I've become a recovering product junkie I'm using up everything whether I like or not (tired of wasting $$:mad:) I will usually mix products to try to make them better. I've figured out the products I really like that work well for my hair so that in the future this won't happen again.

umm im a broke student so i return or exchange. sometimes i also ebay the items. i make sure to put in the description that it is a used hair product

ebony757 said:
That's a scary thought. What would you ladies do if you bought a product spiked with hair remover?

I dunno, but that's why I hardly buy products from ebay. A lot of weirdos out there.

toosexy1 said:
umm im a broke student so i return or exchange. sometimes i also ebay the items. i make sure to put in the description that it is a used hair product

toosexy1,
Are people really buying used hair products from you on Ebay? :eek:
Thanks

Hey lady, welcome to LHCF. I am also a newbie and if I dont like some of the products i buy, I will return them in a heartbeat! My poor wallet is just stuffed with all kinds of receipts. I buy alot of my products from Sallys and I know the women there probably hate to see me coming. Sigh.. oh well

I actually cleaned out my products closet. The products I decided not to use anymore, quite frankly, we're crap! They were filled with petroleum, mineral oil and alcohol. So I threw them out. I wouldnt want anyone else using them.

The only thing I did regret tossing was the Nexxus Botanical Oil. I could've sold that (damn!)

toosexy1 said:
yup. i sold a 60% full bottle of biosilk silk therapy once. i was surprised too :lol:

Was this a one time affair? :look: I have perfectly good stuff that was once used one or two times. I've cut that out since, but I'm removing all clutter and have changed my ways.

I buy products off eBay all the time. I haven't had any problems yet... I always buy from powersellers or sellers with a lot of positive feedback. I get gallons of PM, nexxus, and aveda condition for between $50-$80 (with shipping). They are definitely not Suave passing as salon products, and I get tired of buying all those small bottles.

Back