Do you remember your very first date.....

caribgirl

ever?

I was reading another post and I thought it would be fun for us to reminisce. Here's mine:

I was 15 at the time and a few of my classmates and I went to see Sarafina on Broadway in NYC. My SO and I met at the theater and he surprised me with a single red rose :spinning:. We went to Pizza Hut afterwards and I was so nervous in front of him that I couldn't even eat :blush:. I saved those rose petals and the Playbill for the show for so many years after that date.

:sigh: I was so sweet and innocent. Ah, to be young again :drunk: .

How sweet!:-)

Is it bad that I cannot remember what my actual first date was? I remember the telephone relationships when I was 14-15, the group outings, the kiss at 16, but I don't remember one single outing that was classified as a first date.

lol...Oh well:-)

I was 18 so I remember. I was old. Lol. I had "talked" with boys on the phone before, but no real dates. I think I was percieved as stuck up. :rolleyes: No. I was bashful and my parents were strict. What a wonderful combo. Lol.

Anyways, we went to lunch and to the park. I rode with him and he drove way too fast. I found out that he was prone to having car accidents. The Lord spared my life that day!

It did take a minute to figure out which guy came first. I went on a dating frenzy after I turned 18 and graduated from high school.

I'm not about to give my age away but....I was spending a lot of time in Florida in the late 80's, my 1st date, a family friend's son, took me to the movies to see Krush Groove.
He came pick me up with a rose in his hand and everything.

Ahh...my fresh innocent days.

Wonder what Kurtis Blow is doing now? :look:

Yes I just turned 18. One of my classmates in college started talking and becoming friends. He said he'd take me out for my birthday. It wasn't my exact birthday maybe a few days later. He came to pick me up I remember he had this loud raggedy car so I drove my car instead. We went to the Inner Harbor ate and walked around and I remember the water taxi guy let me drive the water taxi.

At the end when he walked me to the door I remember a little awkward moment when for a second I was trying to decide if I should kiss him or not (I wasn't exactly feeling him like that) In the end we just had a quick hug.

He ended up being one of my best friends in college.

Hmmm. I dont even remember who my first date was with.

I was sneaky, so I went out with guys (in groups) while my parents thought I was at cheerleading practice or babysitting. :rolleyes: But I think the first official date where the guy comes to your house, was probably my prom date when I was 15. Nothing special.

yes

we went to the movies

he was nervous and kept fidgeting the whole date

their was a bunch of awkward silence in the car ride

Basically the date sucked :ohwell:

I was 15 years old and we went to the movies to see Jurassic Park. I wore a navy blue polo, cream jeans, and white Nike shoes. I was very comfortable. I thought that people only went to the movies to make out. I was shocked when he said that he had to move because the lady in front of him was blocking his view of the movie.

I was 17y and we went to see Waiting to exhale!It was 1996 Christmas eve I think my senior year in highschool and I had to take my little brother and sister or I couldn't go!It was bad!:nono:

How sweet!:-)

Is it bad that I cannot remember what my actual first date was? I remember the telephone relationships when I was 14-15, the group outings, the kiss at 16, but I don't remember one single outing that was classified as a first date.

lol...Oh well:-)

Aw Classy and Candice, I remember the telephone relationships- my mom was very strict! :perplexed

I'm not about to give my age away but....I was spending a lot of time in Florida in the late 80's, my 1st date, a family friend's son, took me to the movies to see Krush Groove.
He came pick me up with a rose in his hand and everything.

Ahh...my fresh innocent days.

Wonder what Kurtis Blow is doing now? :look:

How sweet!
I can still hear the song in my head: "Crush groovin', body movin' " :lachen:

drasgrl- My first date was still my good friend for many years afterwards too:yep:.

poetist- I was sneaky too cuz my mom was strict :ohwell:- Thankfully God watched over us.

caramelcutieinva and treybaby2005- Ah, I'm sorry it was not the best exp. for you guys. I enjoyed reading about them though.

Danene5- Wow, you remembered what you wore! You have a very good memory.

I was 18 or 19 and in college. We went to eat at a fast food place and I just had a drink while he ate. I can't remember if i wasn't hungry or too shy.
After that we went to the movies. I offered to pay for myself and he took me up on that offer. My roomates had told me that your supposed to offer.:ohwell:
We dated off and on after that and then remained friends. last time I was in my college town, we hung out and are still cool.

I was 14 and we went to the movies to see 'Friday.' I could hardly concentrate on the movie because I thought he would kiss me :spinning::drunk::spinning::drunk:

:yep:YEAH I DO. I WAS 18. WE HAVE BEEN MARRIED FOR ALMOST 5YEARS. SO WE ALWAYS TALK ABOUT IT. I LOVE TALKING ABOUT THE FIRST TIME WE MET I WAS 16.

Back