Do you relax your hair bone straight?

Miosy

I was curious how everyone is relaxing their new growth. In the last couple of months I started relaxing about 85% rather than bone straight. The previous bone straight hair is so much weaker...I have to cut it off eventually.

[ QUOTE ]
I never get my hair relaxed bone straight.

[/ QUOTE ]

Neither do I. I like to have some wave in my hair.
smile.gif

Getting my hair relaxed bone straight robs my hair of elasticity,which causes my hair to snap and break off easily I would not recommend this to anyone

My hair relaxes bone straight no matter how fast the relaxer is applied. Seriously. I'm too scared to do it myself and my mom does it for me. She went to hair school so she is pretty good at doing hair and she'll be going as fast as she can. I get it out as fast as possible....bone straight. It looks nice though. It's weird because my mom's hair doesn't take that fast, and neither does my sister's--my sister actually has to use super strength because her hair is so resistant. I always have to use the gentlest formulas because my scalp is so sensitive...still bone straight. Oh well. Anyway, that's why I'm afraid to do it myself. I know there's no way I could go as fast as she does and I'm afraid I would burn all my hair out.

I never relax bone-straight. I looove me some thick hair and apply a mild-relaxer to my hair for a short time only
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Does this mean you still have wave when your hair is dry or that your hair still waves up when wet? I'm so confused.

Daviine,

My hair is naturally wavy. Since I don't get it relaxed bone straight, it's wavy when wet, and it's also wavy after it has air dried.

[ QUOTE ]
I used to.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I don't. Hello Peachtree
wave.gif
I would've never guessed that your hair was relaxed bone straight. Anyway, it looks really nice and thick.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Does this mean you still have wave when your hair is dry or that your hair still waves up when wet? I'm so confused.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, my hair type is combination 4a/b, so when it's wet or when it's dry, it doesn't look bone straight. It looks like the relaxer could have been left in a bit more. I have to do it that way because my hair is so thin/fine that if I did relax it bone straight, it would fall flat with absolutely no body at all.
smile.gif

My hair was always relaxed bone straight by stylists until I joined the hair board and found out this was damaging. I do it myself now and I prefer it around 85% straight.

Just curious,
What's the difference between having an underprocessed relaxer and not relaxing straight???

[ QUOTE ]
Just curious,
What's the difference between having an underprocessed relaxer and not relaxing straight???

[/ QUOTE ]

In the past I've experimented with the 85% relaxing stage, but it just seemed to me that my hair was underprocessed. I now just relax until the hair is smooth. My hair wouldn't get bone straight anyway until it's been curled or flat ironed.

Nope! I never relax my hair bone straight either. I have more body and thickness this way.

bumpiddy bump! planning on relaxing this week and not sure how straight to go... Would bone straight mean I can avoid regular heat?

This is a little bit humorous to me. Everything said on the boards is not gospel. It does not apply to everyone. Everyone hair is different.
That being said, I relax bone straight before and after LHCF. My hair is still full and bouncy and healthy. I trim once maybe twice a year. Ph balance and protein/moisture balance are my keys to success and has made a difference in my HHJ.

I wish you all the best!

HHG!

I like to leave a little texture in my hair...just for added health and thickness. But if my hair gets bone straight that's cool too. As long as it's not overprocessed

I wouldn't be able to relax my hair bone straight even if I wanted to. I have a sensitive scalp and have been texlaxing for years. Even before I knew what texlaxing was.

Back