• Relax at 9 weeks, still achieving your goal

Votes: 9 18.4%
  • Wish you could stretch further to help your hair

Votes: 11 22.4%
  • Dont care, your hair will tell you when its time

Votes: 13 26.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I stretched foe anywhere to 12-16 weeks.../i know it's hard an usually will use some PS like weaves or braids to last the way...Maybe that will help with the look. I usually enjoy it.

I relax when my hair needs. usually 8 weeks now. I did the whole stretching thing and I know what works fir me and what doesn't. It was longer and healthier that way, when I stopped that it started breaking. So I will stick to my 8 week relaxer and today is actually my touch up :)

Relaxing my hair in less than 8 weeks never worked for my hair. I always waited until at least 10 weeks before I relaxed it. It is very possible to stretch longer than 8 weeks without issues if you try styles like Chasturner84 indicated.

I usually resorted to extension braids for 6-8 weeks toward the end of my relaxer stretch to allow me the ability to make it to 12-14 weeks post relaxer.

Good luck Kizzy.

Thanks ladies, I need to find a stretching style, I have a ruffled upsweep at the mo fixed with a loose clamp, its not a bad look:ohwell: I dont really want to manipulate my hair with braids as my hair is so fine stranded. But hey when I get some length the styles should come easier:grin:

Back